News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Monochrome Thread

Started by Libraraptor, April 08, 2012, 09:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Who made those? They are really neat!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Himmapaan

Quote from: Seijun on April 18, 2012, 01:34:32 AM
Who made those? They are really neat!
Ditto! Want.

The poor Leptomeryx has lost most of the flesh on its near hind leg!

SBell

Well, here's the bad news--those are probably one of about 4-10 in the world of each, and nobody else will probably ever get them! :))

They are models from museum dioramas that I needed for the T.rex Centre at work, with the understanding I might make personal copies, but that I am absolutely forbidden to share, trade, give away or sell.

And yeah, that Leptomteryx figure has leg issues (at least this one has its tail).  The molds are not exactly FaunaCast quality (they are from the late 80s).

There are others that I am trying to get for the Centre as well, so if I get any others I'll post pictures! Still can't give any out though.

Himmapaan

Bother. I had a feeling it may be something of the sort. ;D

But should you ever feel the remotest inclination to have that Leptomeryx's leg fixed and the model painted (or even the whole set), I offer my services.  ;D I promise I won't pinch it.  ;)

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 18, 2012, 03:51:23 PM
Bother. I had a feeling it may be something of the sort. ;D

But should you ever feel the remotest inclination to have that Leptomeryx's leg fixed and the model painted (or even the whole set), I offer my services.  ;D I promise I won't pinch it.  ;)

We will probably be able to do most of the fixing here--but I may take you up on the painting! At least for mine; the Centre ones may just be done in house.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.