News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help with Microraptor

Started by Concavenator, January 25, 2015, 09:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Hello,
I'm going to send CollectA an email suggesting a Microraptor for their new Supreme Range tonight.I've already thought on some information to send them for helping,but first of all,I need the real size measurements of this creature.Please help me because I think this dinosaur has more possibilities than others to appear in this line.
Thank you,and hope you support this. :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 25, 2015, 09:41:10 AM
Hello,
I'm going to send CollectA an email suggesting a Microraptor for their new Supreme Range tonight.I've already thought on some information to send them for helping,but first of all,I need the real size measurements of this creature.Please help me because I think this dinosaur has more possibilities than others to appear in this line.
Thank you,and hope you support this. :D

Wiki quote:
QuoteWith adult specimens ranging 77–90 centimetres long (2.53–2.95 ft) and with a weight estimated up to 1 kilogram (2.2 lb),[4] according to Holtz, Microraptor was among the smallest known non-avian dinosaurs.[5] A longer estimate, made by Benson et al. in 2012 found that Microraptor had a maximum length of 1.2 metres (3.9 feet).[6]

Concavenator

So,a Microraptor of 90 cm in lenght,and 30 cm of height would be  30 cm in lenght,and 7.5 cm in height at 1:3 scale.A little bigger than the Guidraco but would work.Anyone could trust these measurements?Because maths are really not my thing  :-[

CityRaptor

Actually 10 cm in height.  7.5 cm would be 1:4.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

Concavenator

Okay,I've already sent the email to CollectA.I sent them some references too.Let's see what happens.

Dinoguy2

In the future, I'd send not just basic hight and length measurements but individual proportions. It easy for a company to get the length right but the tail is too short making the rest of the animal twice correct size. Feather lengths are also important, I don't think I've ever seen a single major company do a figure with correct feather proportions.

Common misconceptions perpetrated by older sources or not usually included because they're obscure help too. Microraptor is plagued by memes that started as inaccuracies in the early papers (presence of a crest, splaying legs, too small tail fan, lack of streamer feathers, etc.)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.