News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Future Sideshow Dinosaur pieces

Started by Joel, March 25, 2012, 04:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobbieSKatz on March 29, 2012, 10:41:55 PM
I´d love to see a sort of three dimensional rendition of Mark Witton´s famous stalking Quetzalcoatlus. Even just one of those, stilting through some tall reeds after a lizard or dinosaur hatchling would be amazing.

But, then again, maybe I should raise money to actually own a Sideshow maquette before contributing my ideas.

Malcolm /Dinonikes actually has one of those as well ! ;D

DinoFan45

Personally I would love to see some south American titanosaur defending itself, so then the carnotautus one could go with it.
"Life will find a way."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan45 on March 30, 2012, 07:14:38 PM
Personally I would love to see some south American titanosaur defending itself, so then the carnotautus one could go with it.

Hmmm..maybe Amargasaurus could be scaled to go with the Carno..any of the really big titanosaurs would be HUGE to go with the Carno.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 08:34:03 AM
We've been through this at the Sideshow forums..there are a TON that could be done for sure.  Here's a quick list :

Giganotosaurus ( Jorge mentioned wanting to do this one )
Allosaurus
Tarbo VS Therizino
Mosasaur
Pliosaur
Elasmosaur

sea reptile VS dio
1/1 Compy
1/1 Baby Rex
Deinonychus bust 1/1
Velociraptor or Deinonychus maquette
Brachiosaurus Maquette
Giga VS Argentino Dio
Quetzalcoatlus
Cearadactyl VS predator dio
Ceratosaurus ( Dinosauria staff was interested in this one )
Ankylosaur
Lambeosaurus
Olorotitan
Nesting Maiasaurus
ceratopsian river crossing Dio
Amargasaurus

I think that's it.. ;D

B'' is super, ''I'' is cool, and both are like ''OH MY GOD NYAN CAT IS HERE''
Thasts are my expectatives
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

anchry6

A dinosaur in the 1:1 scale I'd buy it immediately.
eg.
Scipionyx (child - as Ciro)
Compsognathus
Sinosauropteryx (with its real colors)

:D

mmfrankford

I second Blade on a Dimetrodon. If it had to be a dinosaur, I would like to see Stygimoloch or Kentrosaurus.

0onarcissisto0

I wanna see a Pachyrhinosaurus, man!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 11, 2012, 08:22:50 PM
I wanna see a Pachyrhinosaurus, man!!!
I would like to see one as well. I have also just noticed that there is only one ceratopsid in the line, so a ceratopsid would be predictable.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dyscrasia

For a stand alone statue, there is only one...but counting the dioramas, there are 3 in total.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A hadrosaur would be fantastic..there is only one and it's being eaten by a Deinosuchus. ;)

0onarcissisto0

DTF member Pachyrhinosaurus backing me up in my request for a Pachyrhinosaurus figure. I should have predicted THAT! :P
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

JurassicJr

It's definitely time for another Theropod, I'd really like to see a Giganotosaurus, Ceratosaurus, or Acrocanthosaurus maquette next after their Stegosaurus piece!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JurassicJr on April 23, 2012, 03:50:54 AM
It's definitely time for another Theropod, I'd really like to see a Giganotosaurus, Ceratosaurus, or Acrocanthosaurus maquette next after their Stegosaurus piece!

Jorge has mentioned wanting to do another more up to date and detailed Giga, while Pablo has expressed a lot of interest in a Cerato. So those are good possibilities. I'm a bit surprised we haven't received a dromeosaur maquette at all.

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2012, 04:14:43 AM
Jorge has mentioned wanting to do another more up to date and detailed Giga, while Pablo has expressed a lot of interest in a Cerato. So those are good possibilities. I'm a bit surprised we haven't received a dromeosaur maquette at all.
I'm surprised we have not seen any large scale (1/18) carcharodontosaurid  in any form, be it Sideshow statue or resin kit. :'(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on April 23, 2012, 05:30:59 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2012, 04:14:43 AM
I'm surprised we have not seen any large scale (1/18) carcharodontosaurid  in any form, be it Sideshow statue or resin kit. :'(

You know..that's a good point. I'm sure Shane will get to one eventually..maybe a 1/15 or 1/20 ?  Krentz was also going to do his in 1/40 at least I think.

Joel

Hmm, I remember now Shane told me over the phone a while back that he plans to do a 1/15 Carcharodontosaurus. As long as he has not changed his plans, I'll buy two of them and make one into a Giganotosaurus, in the same way I am going to buy another one of his Styracosaurus and modify it into a Centrosaurus. I'd rather Mr. Foulkes make a carcharodontosaurid instead of Sideshow anyway, because his work is just simply infinitely superior than anything Sideshow and their factory worker casters can make.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on April 23, 2012, 06:57:19 AM
Hmm, I remember now Shane told me over the phone a while back that he plans to do a 1/15 Carcharodontosaurus. As long as he has not changed his plans, I'll buy two of them and make one into a Giganotosaurus, in the same way I am going to buy another one of his Styracosaurus and modify it into a Centrosaurus. I'd rather Mr. Foulkes make a carcharodontosaurid instead of Sideshow anyway, because his work is just simply infinitely superior than anything Sideshow and their factory worker casters can make.

I agree Shane's work is really sweet and he just seems to get better with each piece, but the casters from SS though don't make the pieces..there are VERY talented artists behind them..the paint apps may be sub par but the sculpts themselves are great.

Carcharodontosaurus works for me especially in 1/15 , I did 't see it on his list for this year yet though so it may be a 2013 piece.

Joel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 23, 2012, 06:17:46 PM
I agree Shane's work is really sweet and he just seems to get better with each piece, but the casters from SS though don't make the pieces..there are VERY talented artists behind them..the paint apps may be sub par but the sculpts themselves are great.
Yes, I have read the specs for each piece, and I am familiar with each artist who sculpts it. I'm saying that Sideshow's caster's are sub-par compared to Shane's caster, and I think that each one of Shane's sculpts has more detail than Sideshow's. I still like Sideshow's pieces a lot (I do have five of their dinosaurs), but I like Shane's more.

Carcharodontosaurus works for me especially in 1/15 , I did 't see it on his list for this year yet though so it may be a 2013 piece.
Yeah I didn't it would come out this year either, but as long we are getting one in the near future, I am very happy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on April 23, 2012, 06:29:40 PM
Yes, I have read the specs for each piece, and I am familiar with each artist who sculpts it. I'm saying that Sideshow's caster's are sub-par compared to Shane's caster, and I think that each one of Shane's sculpts has more detail than Sideshow's. I still like Sideshow's pieces a lot (I do have five of their dinosaurs), but I like Shane's more.

Yeah I didn't it would come out this year either, but as long we are getting one in the near future, I am very happy.

I would say Adrian's work is comparable to Shane's even the final product on his pieces turned out quite detailed.   I wish they would get him back for the line again.

That's cool, gives me some time to save for it. ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.