News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Future Sideshow Dinosaur pieces

Started by Joel, March 25, 2012, 04:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

So I'm going through the favorite Sideshow dinosaur pieces thread, and it got me thinking about the title of this thread. I would like to see Sideshow produce one of a Triassic scene, particularly one depicting a Postosuchus vs a Plateosaurus (I think they lived at the same time and area; correct me if I'm wrong). They could also do a Giganotosaurus, or an Amargasaurus. The possibility are of course literally endless. What do you guys want them to do? 

Blade-of-the-Moon

We've been through this at the Sideshow forums..there are a TON that could be done for sure.  Here's a quick list :

Giganotosaurus ( Jorge mentioned wanting to do this one )
Allosaurus
Tarbo VS Therizino
Mosasaur
Pliosaur
Elasmosaur
sea reptile VS dio
1/1 Compy
1/1 Baby Rex
Deinonychus bust 1/1
Velociraptor or Deinonychus maquette
Brachiosaurus Maquette
Giga VS Argentino Dio
Quetzalcoatlus
Cearadactyl VS predator dio
Ceratosaurus ( Dinosauria staff was interested in this one )
Ankylosaur
Lambeosaurus
Olorotitan
Nesting Maiasaurus
ceratopsian river crossing Dio
Amargasaurus

I think that's it.. ;D

Dyscrasia

A Ceratosaurus maquette and a 1/1 busts of smaller dinosaurs were actual candidates of future SSC dinosauria pieces at one point.

Anyways, there are tons of stuff I would like to see from the line....

Especially a scene that depicts a family group (herd) of dinosaurs...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 25, 2012, 08:52:27 AM
A Ceratosaurus maquette and a 1/1 busts of smaller dinosaurs were actual candidates of future SSC dinosauria pieces at one point.

Anyways, there are tons of stuff I would like to see from the line....

Especially a scene that depicts a family group (herd) of dinosaurs...

I recall it being mentioned in PT I think..and Scar was really into getting them made. Would have been cool.

A large herd scene would probably have to scaled down quite a bit like that awful Parasaurolophus piece SS was carrying. :/  Maybe 3 figures about the size of the Allosaurs VS Camara would be good.

Dan

That "Styles on Video" Para piece was actually a cool concept. I'd love to see a better execution with a pro like Blanco. A diorama with ceratopsians - two adults and one juvenile crossing a raging flooded river, maybe Pachyrhinosaurs for authenticity's sake. They also did hint at a marine reptile piece in that PT interview.

postsaurischian

Ooohh! A marine reptile will probably be an absolute must.

Tylosaurus

a Tylosaurus Kansasensis aka Explodosaurus would be sweet :)

http://www.trieboldpaleontology.com/specimens/marine/mosasaur/tylosaurus-kansasensis-mosasaur/

This is by far the smallest Tylosaurinae found, only growing up to 23 feet / 7 meters, the same size of a large Salt Water Croc.

DinoLord

I would love to see them do a Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan. More affordable stuff like the Brachiosaurus ornament would be nice as well.

DinoToyForum

'pliosaur' is pretty vague. Thats like saying, an 'ornithopod'.  ::) ;D

So, let's make it a breaching Rhomaleosaurus please. ;D

Patrx

I definitely like the idea of a Deinonychus maquette.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on March 25, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
That "Styles on Video" Para piece was actually a cool concept. I'd love to see a better execution with a pro like Blanco. A diorama with ceratopsians - two adults and one juvenile crossing a raging flooded river, maybe Pachyrhinosaurs for authenticity's sake. They also did hint at a marine reptile piece in that PT interview.

Yeah the river crossing is a dramatic scene..one that would look great if a better artist had attempted it..but the piece just made me cringe on too many levels. :/

Quote from: DinoLord on March 25, 2012, 06:43:54 PM
I would love to see them do a Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan. More affordable stuff like the Brachiosaurus ornament would be nice as well.

A Brachio in the scale of the Apato piece would be so sweet.. ;D 

I actually had hoped for pterosaur ornaments or more eggs but nothing still.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 25, 2012, 06:50:10 PM

That works.. ;D Though I bet a Liop or Krono would beat it out due to popularity.

Honestly I was trying to stay in the ballpark..let them do any " pliosaur " and I'd be happy with it..  ;D lol

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 07:27:33 PM

That works.. ;D Though I bet a Liop or Krono would beat it out due to popularity.

Honestly I was trying to stay in the ballpark..let them do any " pliosaur " and I'd be happy with it..  ;D lol

Well I agree with that!  8) ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 25, 2012, 07:39:42 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 07:27:33 PM

Well I agree with that!  8) ;D

;D  I mentioned once it would cool to do a prehistoric marine reptile VS Dio ala Journey to the Center of the Earth...though a mosasaur cresting in a wave would so awesome..using clear-ish resin and lighting it from beneath or behind..just so sweet ! :)

Joel

These are great suggestions, especially the Brachiosaurus (in 1/18 scale, of course!). Another one I'd like to see would be a Suchomimus and a Sarcosuchus grappling over a prey item, or/and a Triceratops male displaying for a female.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on March 25, 2012, 08:05:43 PM
These are great suggestions, especially the Brachiosaurus (in 1/18 scale, of course!). Another one I'd like to see would be a Suchomimus and a Sarcosuchus grappling over a prey item, or/and a Triceratops male displaying for a female.

Don't know how I missed Suchomimus..that would be a great VS Dio since we already have a Spinosaurus maquette.

A Trike maquette would surely be welcome as well...I can't believe one wasn't done yet. Would make a great companion piece for the T-Rex.

stoneage

Quote from: Joel on March 25, 2012, 04:45:48 AM
So I'm going through the favorite Sideshow dinosaur pieces thread, and it got me thinking about the title of this thread. I would like to see Sideshow produce one of a Triassic scene, particularly one depicting a Postosuchus vs a Plateosaurus (I think they lived at the same time and area; correct me if I'm wrong). They could also do a Giganotosaurus, or an Amargasaurus. The possibility are of course literally endless. What do you guys want them to do?
They both lived in different parts of the world.  Postosuchus has been found in Arizona only and Plateosaurus in Central and North Europe.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on March 26, 2012, 01:26:40 AM
Quote from: Joel on March 25, 2012, 04:45:48 AM
They both lived in different parts of the world.  Postosuchus has been found in Arizona only and Plateosaurus in Central and North Europe.

Postosuchus is cool..but I wouldn't mind seeing a Dimetrodon.  Maybe attacking an Edaphosaurus ? I used to have a book with an awesome pic of two fighting.

I guess if we really want Dinos though it would something like Coelophysis though.

Takama

I would like a nice Dilophosaurus.

If I(and most certainly) can only own one Sideshow statue, it would need to be a Dilophosaurus. Preferably a maquette

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on March 28, 2012, 05:07:01 AM
I would like a nice Dilophosaurus.

If I(and most certainly) can only own one Sideshow statue, it would need to be a Dilophosaurus. Preferably a maquette

Hmmm..that could be sweet..of course Malcolm has a nice 1/15 Dilo statue already.

robustus_

I´d love to see a sort of three dimensional rendition of Mark Witton´s famous stalking Quetzalcoatlus. Even just one of those, stilting through some tall reeds after a lizard or dinosaur hatchling would be amazing.

But, then again, maybe I should raise money to actually own a Sideshow maquette before contributing my ideas.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: