News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Can Dwarf Sauropods Rest?

Started by Takama, March 30, 2015, 12:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok, from what i know (Correct me if im wrong) Sauropods cant rest on the ground because of there size and weight, meaning that if they fell off balance on there four legs, they could not get back up.

But Europosaurus and Magyarosaurus were not your average Sauropods. as they were only 6 meters, and were a lot smaller, and lighter. So could they get up if they lost balance, or decided to take a rest?

Arul

Maybe they sleep like a giraffe sleeping position. But this question make me very curious about how apatosaurus or other big sauropod sleeping position...

Balaur

Elephants are huge (yes, they are smallee), but they can still lay down and sleep. I'm sure sauropods could do the same.

sauroid

an animal who'd stay upright its entire life sounds kinda far fetched
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.