News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for scientifically accurate models.

Started by OpalornisHuali, June 30, 2017, 07:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpalornisHuali

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 10, 2017, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 10, 2017, 11:37:32 AM
Quote from: Kaprosaurus on July 10, 2017, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: OpalornisHuali on July 10, 2017, 09:53:42 AM
Hello again, I was wondering,

Can anyone recommend some good invertebrate figures? Like Trilobites, Anomalocaridids etc?

Favorite's Anomalocaris is pretty good,there is also the Burgess Shale set which contains the Anomalocaris,but it's not cheap! (Well at least for me anyway)

They're really nice though, and a lot cheaper than Paleozoo. PZ is a lot larger scale of course. The Safari toob isn't as impressive, but a good choice for someone looking for prehistoric inverts on a budget.

...well, if you're searching for toys on a budget, then Favorite or Safari are ok. But if you're searching for accuracy, it's almost impossible to find into a cheap toy..
It depends on what you mean by "accurate" (as I said before).
To me "accurate" also means lifelike.
I have Favorite, Safari, ROM and Paleozoo figures in my collection: big differences between them.
:)

I mean accurate as in anatomically/scientifically accurate. I don't mind if smaller figures aren't that detailed.

OpalornisHuali

Thank you all, I especially love those Kaiyodo figures! You are right in that they are not cheap, but maybe Yahoo Japan might have it cheaper. I should go check...

Halichoeres

I'll second the Favorite, Kaiyodo, and ROM Primeval Predator suggestions. I would also add the Bullyland inverts if you want larger scale. They have a belemnite, a trilobite, an ammonite, and a medusa.

There are also lots of prehistoric invertebrates from Yowie, but they're a little on the cartoony side. I have a few in my collection; they add some character to the shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.