News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Salutations from Seattle...

Started by quitewrongly, August 06, 2015, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quitewrongly

And to think my teacher in kindergarten thought that dinosaurs would just be a phase. HA!

OK, I've had an account and been lurking for years but... hi! I've been a fan for a LONG time now and I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my spare time I'm a photographer and when I got tired of working with overpriced models, I started photographing toy dinosaurs, which has been so much fun. Now I just need to learn how to paint the buggers and I should be set.

So yeah. Hi!

Giga-Noto-Saurus

Kayakasaurus

Hello and welcome! I live in Mount Vernon, not far north of Seattle. It's good to have another Washingtonian on this site!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Patrx

Welcome! I find that re-painting my dinosaurs adds a whole new dimension to the hobby, but I'm still not exactly good at it. As a good friend of mine once said, in order to be good at something, one has to be terrible at it for a long time! I'd recommend picking up some cheaper figures and just seeing what you can come up with :)  This tutorial might give you a good starting point. I hope Copper doesn't mind me sharing the link, evidently it's a little outdated.

Halichoeres

Welcome! Seattle's one of my favorite towns.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

quitewrongly

Quote from: Patrx on August 06, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Welcome! I find that re-painting my dinosaurs adds a whole new dimension to the hobby, but I'm still not exactly good at it. As a good friend of mine once said, in order to be good at something, one has to be terrible at it for a long time! I'd recommend picking up some cheaper figures and just seeing what you can come up with :)  This tutorial might give you a good starting point. I hope Copper doesn't mind me sharing the link, evidently it's a little outdated.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm always frustrated when I like the Papo model but the CollectA colors are great but it's too small and... yeah, time to play :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.