News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixar's Dinosaur Film name Revealed

Started by Takama, April 25, 2012, 11:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Oh gosh the kid and the sauropod reminds me of a camp song... 'Me and My Dinosaur'. I'm excited now. This looks like a neat movie. <3

@Blade: Miyazaki doing Dinotopia would be FANTASTIC. I second this idea!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Weaver on April 29, 2012, 01:50:37 AM
Oh gosh the kid and the sauropod reminds me of a camp song... 'Me and My Dinosaur'. I'm excited now. This looks like a neat movie. <3

@Blade: Miyazaki doing Dinotopia would be FANTASTIC. I second this idea!

It has to be only a matter of time..he loves children and their world..Dinosaurs are a big part of that. ;)

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Thagirion on April 26, 2012, 12:28:39 AM
Pixar's been good about research in their films luckily.  I know there is definitely a Jurassic Park fan working there because so many films have JP references which I just love.  I hope there are no humans though as City Raptor said and I hope it's better than the Disney movie a few years back that I like to call "Dinosore". I couldn't stand that.

What???  DINOSAUR was awesome!  Love that movie.  Who cares if they put lemurs in it its frikn Disney they do crazy stuff all the time. 

Sharptooth

Pixar is quite overrated, IMHO... They've made some true masterpieces like the Toy Story series and UP (which i consider their best so far) but they also created some real stinkers (CARS  *yuck*   *yuck*) and other movies that were just "meh" (WALL-E, Ratatouille, the Incredibles and this seems also true for their new movie, Brave; just hope this new dino movie will be as great and moving as UP.

And yeah, Disney used to be the best when it came to cartoons but, as Himmapaan said, in these last years they became sub-par, if not worse (Rapunzel  *yuck*   *yuck*   *yuck*); heck their last truly great movie was "Brother Bear" and that was in 2002 if i'm not mistaken!  :-\

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Himmapaan

I didn't much care for Cars either, but I would maintain that Wall-E must certainly rank among their finest. They're not faultless, but I think their rating is (for the present at least) pretty much justified. Even their less than stellar offerings were often more commendable than much of the stuff being churned out by the various studios going giddy over 3D digital animation.

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 08, 2012, 10:21:05 AM
I didn't much care for Cars either, but I would maintain that Wall-E must certainly rank among their finest. They're not faultless, but I think their rating is (for the present at least) pretty much justified. Even their less than stellar offerings were often more commendable than much of the stuff being churned out by the various studios going giddy over 3D digital animation.

I also didn't care for Cars and didn't bother watching Cars 2 but besides those I've enjoyed every Pixar film I've watched. The important thing to remember here is that these movies are made for children. Despite this they are generally fantastic movies that adults love too and that's saying something. The studies don't have to make kid movies that adults enjoy (though I suppose it helps). I own 483 movie titles, I have less than a dozen kids movies and most of them are Pixar, for a reason.

Takama

Quote from: Sharptooth on May 08, 2012, 09:32:45 AM
Pixar is quite overrated, IMHO... They've made some true masterpieces like the Toy Story series and UP (which i consider their best so far) but they also created some real stinkers (CARS  *yuck*   *yuck*) and other movies that were just "meh" (WALL-E, Ratatouille, the Incredibles and this seems also true for their new movie, Brave; just hope this new dino movie will be as great and moving as UP.

And yeah, Disney used to be the best when it came to cartoons but, as Himmapaan said, in these last years they became sub-par, if not worse (Rapunzel  *yuck*   *yuck*   *yuck*); heck their last truly great movie was "Brother Bear" and that was in 2002 if i'm not mistaken!  :-\

Whouh, now I thoght that film was one of there finest. Like a family friendly take on the movie Watchmen.

Sharptooth

It's not that "The Incredibles" was bad (infact i said it was meh  ::)), but it wasn't good either, at least for me... Maybe because i never really cared for the super-heroic genre (except for Batman), or gods know why; on the other hand, UP was a True Milestone for Pixar, great in almost every way and far superior to the good, but not as perfect as many people said, Toy Story 3.

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: Sharptooth on May 08, 2012, 09:32:45 AM

Key part of this whole thing is the "In My Honest Opinion"

Lots of people really loved Tangled, WALL-E, Ratatouillie, The Incredibles (not to mention the fact that all these movies did very well) and how can you say Brave looks like its going to be sub-par???  All we have to go by are a few trailers. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.