News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Itoy - New for 2016

Started by sauroid, March 25, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: sauroid on July 14, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
is it made of vinyl or resin?
the iToy Ceratosaurus doesnt look like a bootleg of the REBOR one at all. they look so different from each other. but the packaging is similar.

Robin didnt say it was a bootleg of the actual figure...

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 14, 2016, 06:37:46 AM
...well, this new iToy Ceratosaurus isn't bad at all..
It's quite clear that it's a Rebor bootleg: same packaging style, a diorama base, etc...
But it's not bad.
If I'll find it easily and at a reasonable price I could buy....

Am I the only one who thinks the head looks oddly Tyrannosaur esque ?
EDIT: I found a picture on the site Acro Man posted.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Rain on July 14, 2016, 01:18:04 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the head looks oddly Tyrannosaur esque ?
EDIT: I found a picture on the site Acro Man posted.

I also think it has quite a tyrannosaur-ish look to it, in the face. Perhaps it's a result of them going for a Jurassic Park rex style aesthetic.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Rain on July 14, 2016, 01:18:04 PM
Quote from: sauroid on July 14, 2016, 11:43:01 AM
is it made of vinyl or resin?
the iToy Ceratosaurus doesnt look like a bootleg of the REBOR one at all. they look so different from each other. but the packaging is similar.

Robin didnt say it was a bootleg of the actual figure...

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 14, 2016, 06:37:46 AM
...well, this new iToy Ceratosaurus isn't bad at all..
It's quite clear that it's a Rebor bootleg: same packaging style, a diorama base, etc...
But it's not bad.
If I'll find it easily and at a reasonable price I could buy....

Yes, it's not a bootleg from the Rebor Ceratosaurus.
They used the Rebor's concept with a figure that's is quite different to Rebor's one (but not too much different...  ;) ).
As I said, that Itoy isn't so bad at all....
:)

empire3569

It looks pretty nice, bar a few inaccuracies. If the price was right I could see myself picking this up, but I too would like to know whether it is PVC or resin

tyrantqueen

If this is 30cm, what scale is it??

I just did some conversion and it must be in the 1/20 ish scale for the size it is...that's a shame, I was thinking about getting it.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.