News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Itoy - New for 2016

Started by sauroid, March 25, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

LophoLeeVT

i know not that there are 3 companies that have an "re" in them. recur, rebor, resurrection???
well i dont think that is coincidence.......
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tanystropheus

It looks like the lovechild of Schleich* and Rebor.

*not the schleich ceratosaurus, in particular, btw. The schleich cerato looks like a malformed turd.

tyrantqueen

Did anyone get this yet?

Takama

I'm waiting to see if anyone other the mhhk will stock it.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2016, 12:07:35 AM
I'm waiting to see if anyone other the mhhk will stock it.

I think I might end up biting very soon. I quite like the sculpt and I don't mind supporting a new company.

Takama

I also wonder about what else is down the road from this companey.   I was going to get the Velociraptor and review it but someone beat me to it.   

One think i have to wonder though is will this Ceratosaurus be able to stand up on its base without issues?   

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 25, 2016, 12:49:50 AM
I also wonder about what else is down the road from this companey.   I was going to get the Velociraptor and review it but someone beat me to it.   

One think i have to wonder though is will this Ceratosaurus be able to stand up on its base without issues?

I do hope it's removable from the base.

empire3569

I wouldn't mind getting this if the price was right... I would also hope they make more models, as the detail on this one is quite good.

spinosaurus1

not gonna lie, if not for the very short and thin tail and odd leg position, i would prefer this figure over rebors ceratosaurus. its head, neck, and body sculpt is more eye pleasing imo. its a very good looking figure. the tail kinda distracts from it however

empire3569

The short tail is a little disappointing, however based on the pictures it seems that you could position it so that it's not too noticeable

spinosaurus1

if the price is reasonable, i might actually buy this figure. i really do like the sculpt of its head and body.

Rain

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on May 25, 2016, 02:40:32 AM
if the price is reasonable, i might actually buy this figure. i really do like the sculpt of its head and body.

It's currently 60USD + 30USD shipping.

acro-man

many people in Chinese dinosaur toy community believe this is a Chinese toy line.
however no much info to prove it right or wrong.
Itoy has tried every means to disguise itself as a western brand.
their product covers and online news are all English.
which disgusts me a lot. >:(

part of the reason is imported goods are sold well and high in China's market than local brands.
it sure did make Chinese collectors crazy with their first release of JP velociraptor last year.

Ceratosaurus is on the way.
rumors say they will be on Taobao in a few weeks.
will see to it
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

CityRaptor

That is kinda funny, given that a lot stuff is made in China anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

even the mainland Chinese discriminate against their own dino toy products. how interesting.

regarding the Itoy Ceratosaurus. ive read somewhere that it's made of resin, and i tried to verify via MHHK about the material but he didnt respond. (maybe because i never click like on any of his product posts on fb)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on May 25, 2016, 10:18:22 AM
even the mainland Chinese discriminate against their own dino toy products. how interesting.

regarding the Itoy Ceratosaurus. ive read somewhere that it's made of resin, and i tried to verify via MHHK about the material but he didnt respond. (maybe because i never click like on any of his product posts on fb)

There is a post on MHHK Facebook page about the Itoy Ceratosaurus.
The owner of MHHK said that he wasn't sure if Itoy Ceratosaurus is made of resin or not.
He'll post about that when the figure will be available.

acro-man

Ceratosaurus is being released.
Here are some reviews by buyers (abundant photos)

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4656604886
by 永远的克塞

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4658187549
by 特暴龙2012

Improvements
1. seams are no longer noticeable
2. texture of skin is more detailed

Traits
1. LARGE. The model is about 30cm long. The base is also very LARGE. The box has a size of a shoe box.

Shortages
1. hands are facing down
2. skull is a little too long
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

RobinGoodfellow

...well, this new iToy Ceratosaurus isn't bad at all..
It's quite clear that it's a Rebor bootleg: same packaging style, a diorama base, etc...
But it's not bad.
If I'll find it easily and at a reasonable price I could buy....

sauroid

is it made of vinyl or resin?
the iToy Ceratosaurus doesnt look like a bootleg of the REBOR one at all. they look so different from each other. but the packaging is similar.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: