News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Itoy - New for 2016

Started by sauroid, March 25, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2016, 01:20:01 PM
I hope we see more companies offering high end (and hopefully accurate) dinosaur collectibles. I had hopes for Rebor with their Acrocanthosaurus but now they're going full JP so I'm looking elsewhere.

They mentioned recently that they plan on pleasing both crowds!  Carnotaurus is coming this fall, so we'll see.  Hang in there.   ;)

pylraster

Aside from Monster House's FB page... there's virtually no info that I can find about this figure.

Dinomike

A very interesting figure! I do like how it looks! It bears resemblance to the Rebor model. However, IMHO it looks to be an individual piece of sculpting.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

IMO i really love this figure because it have rebor head which is really badass and its own version on the body. For me rebor cerato body is just odd...

sauroid

new info from facebook:
ITOY Ceratosaurus model with movable jaw, pre-order, with resin base.
Size: L27cmxH12cm, Weight: around 1-1.5kg
Pre-order price: US$60 plus US$30 international shipping.
Paypal payment acceptable, final product will be available in May.
Please inbox me if interested. MonsterHouseHK
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

empire3569

That's more expensive than rebor's and 30$ international shipping is outrageous. Gonna be a definite pass for me

Fluffysaurus

Thats pricey indeed, and also cant collect everything haha. But who knows if they do a Pachy or Dilophosaurus.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Halichoeres

I'm sure it will be available cheaper elsewhere. $30 shipping from China is highway robbery. It probably costs them $3 or less.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

well, the seller is Monster House. what did you expect? LOL
and it's true that this will be cheaper somewhere else. i doubt that MHHK is the exclusive distributor.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

I really hope that these products will be sold outside of China. Any Chance of That?

Simon

$30 international shipping from China for a box this size and weight (resin base) isn't outrageous at all.  If you've ever shipped anything across the Pacific (and I have, in the past, lots of times) you'd know.  I can't tell you how many times during my ebay days I collected what I thought was enough for such a shipment and then wound up having to pay more when I took an item to the post office ...

... as far as $60 for the figure, that does seem quite inflated ... manufacture cost in the Far East for something like this has to be a fraction of that ...

Viking Spawn

That price is outrageous! Definite pass for now.... :o

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Resurrection = Rebor/Reborn ?  Now that's funny. Almost makes me think maybe some of Rebor's staff went elsewhere like Collecta and Mojo.   Irony and speculation aside I do like it..maybe it will cheaper once it hits ebay.

stargatedalek

Considering it's size relative to the raptor and the raptors price I'm fairly certain that's just the usual Monster House overpricing.

sauroid

i hope this company thrives and flourishes and make more species in the future. the more brands/choices, the better. (they are indeed influenced or inspired by REBOR. i hope that fact doesnt gain them haters in this forum.)

Viking Spawn

Even the photography looks like Rebors!  At a quick glance, I almost thought it was! 

Halichoeres

Quote from: Simon on April 03, 2016, 05:04:06 AM
$30 international shipping from China for a box this size and weight (resin base) isn't outrageous at all.  If you've ever shipped anything across the Pacific (and I have, in the past, lots of times) you'd know.  I can't tell you how many times during my ebay days I collected what I thought was enough for such a shipment and then wound up having to pay more when I took an item to the post office ...

... as far as $60 for the figure, that does seem quite inflated ... manufacture cost in the Far East for something like this has to be a fraction of that ...

$30 shipping to China would probably be a bargain, but shipping costs aren't symmetrical. China heavily subsidizes shipments from China to the US, and the USPS also has struck bulk deals with China's postal service to keep prices for consumer goods low for US customers. As ever, Monster House is counting on us not to know that to pad their coffers with another $20 or so.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 03, 2016, 05:35:16 PM
Quote from: Simon on April 03, 2016, 05:04:06 AM

$30 shipping to China would probably be a bargain, but shipping costs aren't symmetrical. China heavily subsidizes shipments from China to the US, and the USPS also has struck bulk deals with China's postal service to keep prices for consumer goods low for US customers. As ever, Monster House is counting on us not to know that to pad their coffers with another $20 or so.

This^^

It has been my experience when buying overseas, shipping is usually reasonable. However, when shipping internationally out of the U.S. Shipping is very expensive.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Silvanusaurus

This doesn't particularly excite me, but it's much more appealing than Rebor's recently revealed upcoming figures. I don't know if it's just me though, but the tail looks really odd...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: