News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New member from Holland

Started by Erwinonychus, September 29, 2015, 01:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwinonychus

I'm Erwin van Bennekom, 29 years old, and I'm from Holland.
As a kid I used to collect a lot of dino toys, like the toys from Jurassic Park. Since then, I was completely into dinosaurs and evolution. 
Since my childhood, I didn't lose my interest in fossils and dinosaurs. I've always kept my complete collection of fossils and dinosaur models (which were almost all toys).

During many years I've built my own collection of fossils, which now includes a Spinosaurus tooth, Mosasaur teeth, ammonites and many other fossils. Many of my fossils I digged up myself (in the Netherlands, France, England and Germany). Some fossils I bouhgt on fossil events (like the Spinosaurus tooth).
Last month, I've bought a new house. I already bought a showcase to represented my fossils, but it was looking empty. I decided it was time to expand my fossil collection with some realistic and high-end scale models.
I went to a local fossil shop which sells high-end models of dinosaurs (which is in fact the only shop in the Netherlands who sells high-end models). Because this retailers has to import those models, his prices were outrageous (some models he sells for 180 euro (200 dollars)).
I decided to look on Ebay for some cheaper models. At first, I bought a 1/10 scale T-rex skull, but I wanted more. And so I passed by a King T-rex from Rebor. I instantly fell in love with the attention of detail. And the price of it was very appealing for me. And I'm not regretting it. It looks stunning. I know many people dislike this figure because of the JP-style look of it, but I love it. I don't care whether a figure is 100% accurate (which btw can never be achieved, since they are extinct for 65 million years) or not. I just wanted a very detailed model of a T-rex, and Rebor did a great job in achieving this.

This is my showcase atm

I wanted to know if Rebor had other models, so I googled it. And that's how I came by this forum.
After reading many opinions about the Rebor collection (which has many pros and many cons), I've decided to buy almost all of them. 
Last week, I ordered the Utahraptor, Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and the Theropod and Sauropod nest diorama's from Bigbadtoystore. I hope to recieve them by next week. I will post the unboxing pics of it by then.

I will join the discussion about the current and upcoming models from Rebor, because I'm a big fan of them, despite the many flaws.

I'm hoping to have a good time on this great forum,

Arul

Hi welcome to the forum im from indonesia  :) cant wait to see your collection  :D

Erwinonychus

I've added a picture of my current collection. There's enough space left for my ordered Rebor figures :P

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Welcome, Erwin's Claw! ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Uroplatus

Welcome here Erwin, nice display you got there. :)

I'm wondering which is the fossil shop that sells the high end models you mentioned? AD Mineraal perhaps?

Greetings from Belgium.

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF and beautiful display  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Rain

Welcome to the forums!  ;D Also, if you truly care more about aesthetics than accuracy than I highly recommend checking out Papo's dinosaurs. They're a lot like Rebor with their detail

dutchdinolover

Welcome!  I'm intrested how your collection will grow :)) I started small a few years ago. I find it quite a challenge to contain my dinosaur's ;D

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Uroplatus on September 29, 2015, 09:35:54 PM
Welcome here Erwin, nice display you got there. :)

I'm wondering which is the fossil shop that sells the high end models you mentioned? AD Mineraal perhaps?

Greetings from Belgium.

Yes, Ad Mineraal indeed (Gouda). He sells great models from dinocasts.com, and I'm willing to buy some in the future. But some models cost me 179 euro (200 dollar). I've spend about the same now on 5 Rebor figures, which I think is a better deal for now.

I like going there again and buy some models, but that will be next year, unfortunately

Greets Erwin

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Rain on September 29, 2015, 10:02:35 PM
Welcome to the forums!  ;D Also, if you truly care more about aesthetics than accuracy than I highly recommend checking out Papo's dinosaurs. They're a lot like Rebor with their detail

I'm excited about the Papo models. They're also very detailed. But the thing I like from Rebor: Their models are all the same scale (1:35). I like that, because I can compare them very easily.
Maybe I will get some Papo models, but for now I will stick with Rebor.

Erwinonychus

Yesterday my ordered Rebor products arrived, finally. It includes Savage (Ceratosaurus), Wind Hunter (Utahraptor), Hercules (Acrocanthosaurus) and the two egg diorama's.

Here are my unboxing pics.

And here my updated showcase.

tyrantqueen

I'm not a huge Rebor fan but that's a pretty display.

Arul

Hey rebor add your pohoto to their album on fb :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.