News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My final collection of the best of Papo and Rebor

Started by Starboy, January 21, 2016, 11:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starboy

Until Papo or Rebor come out with some new "must haves" my collection is complete.

Viking Spawn

I also collect Papo and Rebor!  And I must say, with all bias aside (sort of), your collection looks FANTASTIC!!!

Shonisaurus

Rebor and Papo are known for their hyper companies, I am also a collector of these figures. But it is noteworthy that unfortunately most of its paleontological figures lack accuracy.

Of course it is noteworthy that the figures are very detailed.

Starboy

QuoteBut it is noteworthy that unfortunately most of its paleontological figures lack accuracy.

I know. They've both got "Hollywood accuracy". It may not be anywhere near correct but it looks fantastic.

Rain

Lookin' good. However, I noticed you don't have the Papo raptor nor do you have the Rebor Acro, are you not a fan of the figures?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Starboy on January 22, 2016, 01:31:44 AM
QuoteBut it is noteworthy that unfortunately most of its paleontological figures lack accuracy.

I know. They've both got "Hollywood accuracy". It may not be anywhere near correct but it looks fantastic.

Hmm?  That's a good way to look at it.  Agreed.

Libraraptor

Looks great :) But complete? Where are baby T.rex and baby Triceratops? And Pteranodon?

postsaurischian

joossa

Nice collection! Is that the v3 of the Papo Spinosaurus? It looks different.

I like your wall decal too!  :))
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Starboy

QuoteLooks great :) But complete? Where are baby T.rex and baby Triceratops? And Pteranodon?

I got all of the ones I set out to get - the ones I thought looked extremely well crafted and not too toy like. Although I am on the fence as to whether the pachyceph belongs. The Schleich raptor is probably an outlier too.

Who do you think has the best velociraptor on the market?

Starboy

QuoteNice collection! Is that the v3 of the Papo Spinosaurus? It looks different.

Thanks! I'm not sure but it's only about 2 months old.

The wall cling is fantastic in its detail, sharpness and color. It really looks 3D.

Bucklander

Quote from: Starboy on January 23, 2016, 12:25:09 PM
QuoteLooks great :) But complete? Where are baby T.rex and baby Triceratops? And Pteranodon?

I got all of the ones I set out to get - the ones I thought looked extremely well crafted and not too toy like. Although I am on the fence as to whether the pachyceph belongs. The Schleich raptor is probably an outlier too.

In my opinion, the best is the Collect Club Velociraptor (Brett aka brettnj is selling off his inventory really cheaply and I'm pretty sure he has one). Second to that is either the Carnegie 2015 model or the Favorite soft model. All of these are now retired, but non are rare. Or (what I imagine you'll end up doing anyway) you can get the new Papo feathered Velociraptor when it's released later this year.

BTW. Nice collection.

Libraraptor

Ah, okay, I see. You didnĀ“t look for completeness, but for completeness in terms of extremely well craftet ones.
The best Velociraptor, imho, is,  ::) well, except for Kaiyodo, there is not really a decent feathered  one out there.

Halichoeres

Nice collection! These are some nice pieces, even if only "Hollywood-accurate" as you say.

My personal favorite is the Carnegie. It's not completely accurate, but it's good-looking and more realistically feathered than the Collect Club version. I'm also pretty fond of the tiny one from the Feathered Dinos toob. But I think the Papo coming out this year looks pretty damned good and I'll probably get it. Much better than the Schleich! :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

I would recommend you get the Papo Dilophosaurus (it's stunning!)
Lovely display. Although the giga-T. rex bursting through the wall is going to eat everyone! Aaaaaa!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

J.R.S T REX

I too love the Rebor and Papo figures.  I could care less that they are not perfect Paleontologically accurate.  They absolutely blow away all of the other brands in my opinion.  The detail and the cool factor are undeniable.  I own these two brands and a couple of SideShow Dinosauria pieces! 

Viking Spawn

Quote from: J.R.S T REX on January 29, 2016, 01:19:34 AM
I too love the Rebor and Papo figures.  I could care less that they are not perfect Paleontologically accurate.  They absolutely blow away all of the other brands in my opinion.  The detail and the cool factor are undeniable.  I own these two brands and a couple of SideShow Dinosauria pieces!

We are on the same page!

;)

Bucklander

re best Velociraptor on the market, I forgot to mention Bullyland's. I'm sure it has it's share of flaws and detractors, but until Papo's is released (which really does look like it will easily be the best) I actually think this is the best Velociraptor currently available (it's certainly my favorite).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.