News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pilkington's Collection

Started by Pilkington, May 23, 2012, 03:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilkington

I thought it was about time to update my collection pictures, it's been awhile. Unfortunately I had to sell off some of my collection two years ago but I'm slowly getting back into collecting.  I didn't bother with taking new pictures of my JP stuff, mainly because a) I'm not in the mood to unpack it and b) nothing new has been added to it however a good chunk was sold.  Also, please excuse the excessive dust...

If you wanna be alone, come with me

Metallisuchus

Ah what is that small ceratopsian to the far left in picture 2?

Takama

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 23, 2012, 03:33:42 AM
Ah what is that small ceratopsian to the far left in picture 2?

Thats the Safari Field Musium Torosaurus,(which is now retired)

ZoPteryx

Nice collection Pilkington!  I really like those customized Allosaurs! :)

sauroid

very nice collection Pilkington.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Pilkington

Quote from: Zopteryx on May 23, 2012, 04:15:45 AM
Nice collection Pilkington!  I really like those customized Allosaurs! :)

Thanks, those Allosaurs were a lot of fun to do and might just be my favorite of the customs I've done so far.  I always planned on making a base for them but unfortunately haven't gotten around to it yet.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Pilkington on May 23, 2012, 03:29:13 AM
I thought it was about time to update my collection pictures, it's been awhile. Unfortunately I had to sell off some of my collection two years ago but I'm slowly getting back into collecting.  I didn't bother with taking new pictures of my JP stuff, mainly because a) I'm not in the mood to unpack it and b) nothing new has been added to it however a good chunk was sold.  Also, please excuse the excessive dust...

VEry nice collection :)
Oh, what is that cute little liopleurondon in this picture? I have never seen it before, and he is cute! I want it! >:D Who make it?

Gwangi

Very nice collection. What is that Tyrannosaurus in the first picture next to the para?

Pilkington

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 23, 2012, 07:24:10 AM

VEry nice collection :)
Oh, what is that cute little liopleurondon in this picture? I have never seen it before, and he is cute! I want it! >:D Who make it?

That crude little liopleurondon was my first and only attempt to sculpt a figure from scratch.  I made that right after I watched Walking With Dinosaurs back in 2008, it's far from perfect but I've always liked it.

Here's another picture of it on the base I had originally made for it:

Quote from: Gwangi on May 23, 2012, 02:04:29 PM
Very nice collection. What is that Tyrannosaurus in the first picture next to the para?

I bought that Rex model off eBay years ago, sadly though the seller didn't know anything about it so I have no idea who made it.

Metallisuchus

Thanks Takama. I don't believe I even knew they had a line for The Field Museum. That'd be cool if they did an Academy Of Natural Sciences line  :D

Takama

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 24, 2012, 12:03:33 AM
Thanks Takama. I don't believe I even knew they had a line for The Field Museum. That'd be cool if they did an Academy Of Natural Sciences line  :D

It was a very short lived one. Only three species were produced for it. (Torosaurus Tyrannosaurus and Ananotitan)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Takama on May 24, 2012, 01:04:04 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 24, 2012, 12:03:33 AM

It was a very short lived one. Only three species were produced for it. (Torosaurus Tyrannosaurus and Ananotitan)

That explains why I couldn't find much when I searched 'em.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.