News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M and S mini dino bags

Started by UK, December 04, 2015, 06:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Any other UK based members seen these in Marks and Spencers? Looks like based on the old Tedco figures.

Silvanusaurus

Oooh, very interesting, I shall have to look in M&S for these, I'd quite like to get some of those early reptiles or sea creatures... unless they are just doing the dinosaurs?

UK

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 04, 2015, 08:18:44 PM
Oooh, very interesting, I shall have to look in M&S for these, I'd quite like to get some of those early reptiles or sea creatures... unless they are jusat doing the dinosaurs?

They had all of them in their Bournemouth branch. Might need to grab them quick as they don't normally sell toys there.

Halichoeres

The packaging is almost identical to the Cog Ltd/Tedco figures, and the figures look identical. If anybody buys the pterosaur pack, I'd love to know whether you get a Pterodaustro or a Quetzalcoatlus. The ones here have Pterodaustro on the package, but inside is almost always a Quetzalcoatlus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Have I got this right... there are 6 different figures in each category (dinosaurs, flying reptiles etc.) and you get 4 figures from that specific category in one pack, rather than 4 random species from across all the categories?

CityRaptor

Well, this is another interesting "blind" bag.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 04, 2015, 08:52:06 PM
Have I got this right... there are 6 different figures in each category (dinosaurs, flying reptiles etc.) and you get 4 figures from that specific category in one pack, rather than 4 random species from across all the categories?
In my experience, it is just 4. Most of the time, it's the same 4. For example, I don't know anybody who has seen an Aysheaia or a Desmatosuchus in the last year at least. So theoretically there are only 24 currently available in the States, but despite the package and insert saying that the pterosaur bag contains Pterodaustro, it usually contains Quetzalcoatlus.

EDIT
Here's a link to a thread that gives the full list of the 24 figures that are currently available in the US bags, and the 12 that seem to have disappeared.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2177.0
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Just looked on the M&S online shop and they have all the bags listed except for the dinosaurs... could that be because they sold out faster, due to them being more appealing to the little people?

Roselaar

Wow, interesting! Hopefully some of these contain the as yet unre-released figures. Forum members who huy these, please let us know if they do! :)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on December 04, 2015, 10:09:22 PM
Wow, interesting! Hopefully some of these contain the as yet unre-released figures. Forum members who huy these, please let us know if they do! :)

I'm ordering all the sets through the online shop, because of general laziness.

Tyto_Theropod

Can't say I have seen them, but it's a while since I've been to M&S for anything other than a quick food shop. I'll have to go and look if my dangerously light purse will allow me!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

sauroid

i wonder if these are available in non-UK M&S branches (they do have overseas branches)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.