News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New additions to my collection

Started by Rexy, December 26, 2021, 08:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Halichoeres

Nice new figures! And is that a dinosaur beach towel?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Rexy

Got two dino towels! They certainly make my bathroom look a bit more colourful.

Convinced mum to get the Fans Choice Pyroraptor and the white Saurornitholestes from the Beasts of the Mesozoic raptor series. They're quite good, but I'm experiencing a problem with the Pyroraptor. It has a loose tail and I can't get the support rods to stay in the base.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Rexy

Got some more feathered raptors for my birthday (Zhenyuanlong & Linheraptor). I really like this raptor series, I've just got one issue with them: the body clips and posing rods aren't very good. The body clips, in particular, don't seem big enough to fit easily on the raptor's bodies.

Shonisaurus

Magnificent acquisitions. My congratulations, those BoTM raptors are truly tempting figures for any collector.

Halichoeres

From what I hear, the clips are also somewhat brittle, so I've never attempted to actually clip them to the body. I just arrange them to balance on the rod and they actually hold up pretty well. I had them displayed in my office before the pandemic started, and when I returned to my office after a year of working remotely, only one of the 8 or so on that shelf had fallen over.

And happy late birthday!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Congrats on your new releases, and belated happy birthday to you.

I know later production runs for the wider pelvis raptors such as the Dromaeosaurus, etc, were supposed to have a modified clip to better fit their wider parts then the initial ones did which better fit the thinner pelvis parts that the Velociraptor, etc use, but I'm not sure if the Zhenyuanlong has ever seen a re-run yet. I supposed it would depend on where you got the figures from too, as both may be first runs and won't have those clips (such as my Dromaeosaurus pair that I got in 2018 from backing the kickstarter in 2016). While I make do with the rounded U shaped body clip for my fan's choice Dromaeosaurus, I've had to adopt a sitting posture for my regular one. I also messed around with my Dromaeosaurus yesterday for some pics and got it to stand without the base, using the tips of its wings, kind of like the Safari Ltd Velociraptor does. Your mileage may vary if going that route though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.