News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nick Fonseca models

Started by Andreioli, March 12, 2019, 08:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

I just found these on Etsy:
- a 1:15 Giganotosaurus
https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/609596421/giganotosaurus-sculpture
- and a 1:15 Tyrannosaurus Rex, with lips
https://www.etsy.com/listing/607481835/tyrannosaurus-rex-sculpture-115-scale?ref=related-2

I remember somebody on the forum already posting a finished model of the Deinonychus from the same maker.
I can't afford them, I just wanted to share them.

I think they're great, I mean, just look at that face  ;)

Shonisaurus

Those lips applied to the fauces of Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus by Nick Fonseca give a more realistic image of these theropods and more natural. The fleshy jaws that most of the resin / PVC / vinyl brands used to give me the impression that, fortunately, will disappear in many cases.

I understand that a theropod (although obviously we will never know what it was) regardless of whether it was carnivore like this giganotosaurus and resin tyrannosaurus it is logical that it had those jaws, it is something very successful we see it in current carnivorous animals so it can be a rather objective assumption that dinosaurs and other Mesozoic carnivorous animals had lips to preserve dental plaque from wear. For me the score is high for both resin figures.

Patrx

I would dearly like to add either of these two titans to my collection; I have one of Nick's Deinonychus and can attest to its beauty. Unfortunately, in addition to being beyond my current budget, these would be tricky to find space for!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is that Giganotosaurus actually feathered? I'm very impressed if it is.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

paintingdinos

Yessss, I remember when he first posted them on his deviantart account. I'd kill to have one, but I just can't afford it.

Like Patrx, I have his Deinonychus and its easily one of my favorite models. Nick is supremely tanlented and I wish he'd released his Anzu as a kit. I'd buy it in a heartbeat (assuming I could afford it!).

edit: his gallery, for those interested:
https://www.deviantart.com/nwfonseca/gallery/

Syndicate Bias

I think Nick made an even bigger giga. Like 1/7th scale or something

Syndicate Bias

ITdactyl

the configuration without the feather overlay looks better IMO.  The feathers in the preview images look forced/tacky despite not being large shag carpets.

Dinoreplicas

Great sculptor, I know his work from Deviantart.

terrorchicken

the lips and the general way that T-rex was sculpted makes it look so mammalian. I see no reptile in that beast! Amazing artist!

Dobber

Oooh, I didn't know Nick made more! I love that Rex and like the unfeathered Giga much more as well.

I may be the person the OP was thinking of regarding the Deinonychus. I built it a few years ago.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

The deinonychus with lips looks much better and with feathers. It gives an image of a less ferocious animal to which we were accustomed by the ancient paleo-sculptors.

Syndicate Bias

paintingdinos

Syndicate Bias- what are the sources for those images? They aren't posted in his da page anywhere but I assume they are still under his ownership since they haven't marked as sold on Etsy.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 23, 2019, 04:45:06 PM
Syndicate Bias- what are the sources for those images? They aren't posted in his da page anywhere but I assume they are still under his ownership since they haven't marked as sold on Etsy.

The guy that bought the Giganotosaurus posted them on FB. I've had these for months.

Dobber

WOW! As I have the Deinonychus and know how large it is, that Giganotosaurus is absolutely MASSIVE!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.