News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2013: Step 2

Started by anchry6, May 10, 2012, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these dinosaurs would like to be produced by Papo in 2013?

Amargasaurus
2 (4.9%)
Apatosaurus
4 (9.8%)
Brontosaurus (old Apatosaurus)
0 (0%)
Brontotherium
1 (2.4%)
Carnotaurus
8 (19.5%)
Ceratosaurus
6 (14.6%)
Chasmosaurus
3 (7.3%)
Coelophysis
1 (2.4%)
Compsognathus
1 (2.4%)
Desmatosuchus
0 (0%)
Diabloceratops
7 (17.1%)
Dilophosaurus
4 (9.8%)
Dimetrodon
2 (4.9%)
Dracorex
2 (4.9%)
Edmontosaurus
1 (2.4%)
Entelodont
0 (0%)
Falcarius
2 (4.9%)
Gallimimus
1 (2.4%)
Giganotosaurus
7 (17.1%)
Hypsilophodon
0 (0%)
Iguanodon
1 (2.4%)
Lambeosaurus
1 (2.4%)
Liopleurodon
2 (4.9%)
Lystrosaurus
0 (0%)
Majungasaurus
0 (0%)
Mamenchisaurus
2 (4.9%)
Masiakasaurus
2 (4.9%)
Megalosaurus
1 (2.4%)
Metriacanthosaurus
0 (0%)
Ouranosaurus
0 (0%)
Pentaceratops
0 (0%)
Phorusrhacidae (Terror bird)
1 (2.4%)
Platybelodon
0 (0%)
Postosuchus
3 (7.3%)
Protoceratops
1 (2.4%)
Quetzalcoatlus
0 (0%)
Saurolophus
1 (2.4%)
Shonisaurus
3 (7.3%)
Therizinosaurus
6 (14.6%)
Torvosaurus
2 (4.9%)
Uintatherium
1 (2.4%)
Woolly Rhinoceros
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: May 30, 2012, 12:00:12 AM

anchry6

The main purpose of these topics is not just a choice that dinosaur ask the Papo but, more importantly, try to explain Papo how dinosaurs scientifically accurate and impressive (the two are not conflicting). This is the goal of next topics (after April 25)
I would see what Papo do if we give all the information to make a dinosaur nice (well they already do) and scientifically accurate (we do).

:D

Metallisuchus

Quote from: anchry6 on May 16, 2012, 07:19:04 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 15, 2012, 11:43:42 PM
I have a much more logical conclusion - any omnivores or "mystery-diet dinosaurs" like Therizinosaurs, should be placed in BOTH herbivore & carnivore categories.

This is true but in doing so the omnivores are more likely to win than the other (belong to two categories).
So I decided ARBITRARILY. However, if there is one more critical in this regard that think as you and not as me I'll be willing to change the subset (herbivore).
P. S. However, the Therizinosaurus could win even if it remains with carnivores.

Yeah I noticed after I posted that that Theri had a lot of votes. I guess I shouldn't have underestimated Theri!

anchry6

I remind you that for the 7 day concludes the vote.
Since there were few reports on the Therizinosaurus my choice will be considered in the set of carnivores.

Metallisuchus

This is your thing - your vote should be worth more than everybody else'.

anchry6

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 19, 2012, 02:01:19 AM
This is your thing - your vote should be worth more than everybody else'.

I have written several times to tell me who was opposed to this choice. In the forum we are more than 200 and more than thirty people have voted.
I left several days to collect complaints but I received only 2 criticisms (probably justified, but only two criticisms). The rules were explained long ago and these people have voted. Now that there is less than a week at the end I can change the rules.
For the next year (if this goes well) I have already thought about how to solve the problem.
I tried to do my best and I apologize for the inconvenience but I think I acted correctly.
P. S. I would like to receive a response if possible.

Himmapaan

I think Metallisuchus was lending you support, Anchry, not criticising you.  :)

Well, I say Therizinosaurus should go into herbivores, then.  ;D

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 19, 2012, 01:28:32 PM
I think Metallisuchus was lending you support, Anchry, not criticising you.  :)

Well, I say Therizinosaurus should go into herbivores, then.  ;D

Himmapaan is right - although Therizino isn't my choice, it's definitely received a lot of votes and if its what you want, then go for it. If we can get Papo to do anything at all, I'm happy about it. And I totally get that some people don't want Carno or Giganoto because they are more "obvious" picks. I went with Carno because he's one of my all-time favorites and the choice was made off the top of my head, but the latest Carnegie Carno is out there - I could always buy him for now.

anchry6

You're right I misunderstood ...
However, you convinced me.
THE THERIZINOSAURUS WILL BE CONSIDERED HERBIVORES ...
So:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,433.0.html

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,434.0.html

anchry6

anchry6

The winners are:
Carnotaurus
Diabloceratops

Metallisuchus

Quote from: anchry6 on May 25, 2012, 03:06:05 PM
The winners are:
Carnotaurus
Diabloceratops

Two demonic-looking beasts! DTF has good taste.  :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.