You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I Think Battat Terra is coming to Everything Dinosaur!

Started by PaleoMatt, April 26, 2016, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

Ed's latest blog post shows a fact sheet illustration of Nanshiungosaurus. Then they say all will be revealed next month, I think we know what's coming. I f it's true then goodbye my wallet lol

sauroid

Quote from: PaleoMatt on April 26, 2016, 08:26:38 PM
Ed's latest blog post shows a fact sheet illustration of Nanshiungosaurus. Then they say all will be revealed next month, I think we know what's coming. I f it's true then goodbye my wallet lol
"goodbye wallet! hello Battat Terra!"
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

I do hope it's Battat Terra, it would be much easier to acquire them for people outside of the US!  ;D ;D ;D

tyrantqueen

If the cat is out of the bag, should I share what I know??

triceratops83

This is great news! Shopping at Everythingdinosaur is always a pleasant experience and the last battat terra I bought on Ebay cost me a fortune. I'll be glad knowing I can pick them up at a shop I trust. It's been bugging me not knowing for sure wether or not I'd be able to get my hands on the models I wanted.

I wonder why Dan's Dinosaurs stopped stocking them after the initial Terra release?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Silvanusaurus

If it's true, that's really wonderful news! I've been dithering for so long over whether to just give in and order some Battats from the US, if they'll be available here I'd buy them in an instant!

tyrantqueen

Since ED themselves seem to be dropping the hint, here is the PM from them, that I've been sitting on. I think it's OK to share now. I've known about this since December 17th.

QuoteWe noted that you mentioned that Battat models were not available in the UK/Europe in a recent post.  That may change.  Everything Dinosaur has been involved in some negotiations on the quiet to work with a company which has links to the Battat corporation.  The Terra range of prehistoric animal models could be available to purchase from us in the UK very shortly.  We are waiting to see what the commercial terms are and we are having to do a bit of hand holding to help various parties understand the model market,but Terra could be in our portfolio.

We are not making any promises to any one at the moment, we have to weigh up precisely, what is the best way forward.  Technically, we should not even mention this as yet.  However, we value your knowledge and your input would be greatly appreciated.  Would you think it a good idea if Everything Dinosaur were to bring in the Terra range into the UK?

Personally, we feel that it would be a fitting tribute to Dan LoRusso, however, we suspect that a lot of collectors will already have purchased these models as imports already - what are your views?

Here's the time scale we are working on:

At the moment we are in seeking clarification to identify the range available and to ascertain plans going forward.  We then have a meeting next month to view samples and talk through a potential purchase and so forth, with a view to taking stock in quarter 1.

Please treat this information as confidential, we would welcome you comments, you are one of just a handful of people who knows about this development.

PaleoMatt

I just got a special email of ED since I guessed it right :D

Sim

I'm happy it's confirmed!  This should make getting the figures I don't have yet easier.  I'm also happy it will be easier for others outside of the US to enjoy the Battat dinosaurs now.  Maybe now Everything Dinosaur will also become a more reliable way to get information on the Battat Terra line such as info on future releases?

Halichoeres

If they're getting the Nanshiungosaurus, which has disappeared both from stores and the Target web site, European members might end up supplying US collectors with them, which strikes me as pretty rich.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

That would be great! Especially if the line continues, which I hope it does. I'm still missing a bunch of the currently available figures too.

Dinomike

Hooray! This would be absolutely great as I am missing a lot of the new releases!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Everything_Dinosaur

Yes, Battat Terra has arrived at Everything Dinosaur.  All twelve of the current models that are available with a special offer on the complete set of all 12.

This is why the Battat Terra range is located: Battat Terra at Everything Dinosaur

Roselaar

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 04, 2016, 09:04:44 PM
Yes, Battat Terra has arrived at Everything Dinosaur.  All twelve of the current models that are available with a special offer on the complete set of all 12.

This is why the Battat Terra range is located: Battat Terra at Everything Dinosaur

Very good offer indeed! I own half the line already, but it's nonetheless very tempting. Is it a limited time offer only?

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on May 04, 2016, 09:04:44 PM

Yay! I need to order me some of these... I've never even seen a Battat in the flesh, so I'm coloured excited! Thanks for making these available!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.