News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich Bootlegs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", September 19, 2012, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

Not sure if someone had posted this before, but they look interesting...

[attachment msg=19063][/attachment]

Mauro "Raptor86"

A pic of the box

[attachment msg=19064][/attachment]

Roselaar

Funny! If you're gonna bootleg anything, bootleg good figures. Now people can hardly tell the difference between the real deal and the fakes... :)

I get it though, Schleich sells well so they're an easy target for copycats. If that keeps people from bootlegging Collecta or Papo, I'm all for it.

tyrantqueen

Seems like a waste of effort, to bootleg such terrible figures :X

Interesting find though....

Libraraptor

Interesting, very interesting! Maybe I gotta get some of these, never heard of them before! Okay, it´s all a matter of taste, I know.

SBell

Interestingly, I just came across a set that had a bunch of Safari Ltd bootlegs, including their Utahraptor and the "Sue" Open mouth T.rex and Torosaurus. There was also a familiar-looking T.rex but I couldn't place it.

Terrible overall quality though.

DC

Are they hollow vinyl?  Are they stamped with names?
You can never have too many dinosaurs

SBell

Quote from: DC on September 23, 2012, 05:53:43 AM
Are they hollow vinyl?  Are they stamped with names?

They appeared hollow, but were in a window box, so I don't know for sure. I am not necessarily picky, but seeing as I have the originals, I have no intention of buying a bootleg.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: SBell on September 21, 2012, 10:31:12 PM
Interestingly, I just came across a set that had a bunch of Safari Ltd bootlegs, including their Utahraptor and the "Sue" Open mouth T.rex and Torosaurus. There was also a familiar-looking T.rex but I couldn't place it.

The window box itself is something I am curious about Sbell, was it even remotely similar to the original Safari release for the Torosaurus and Sue /Anato/ Sue sets? Or was it also glaringly different?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

pylraster

I would cannibalize them for customizations.

Ikessauro

Oh, I've seen those around here, but in individual packages. There were all of them, but the price was ridiculous since they are very small and of poor quality. I didn't get most schleichs by now because they are not that good, so I skiped the bootlegs too.

postsaurischian

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 23, 2012, 08:15:27 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 21, 2012, 10:31:12 PM

The window box itself is something I am curious about Sbell, was it even remotely similar to the original Safari release for the Torosaurus and Sue /Anato/ Sue sets? Or was it also glaringly different?

Completely different--it was a bunch of awful dino figures in a box, some of which were Safari bootlegs.

Takama

I just got a box of these exact figures today. 

docronnie

Congrats Takama!  :)

This topic answered my query as to the existence of Safari Ltd bootlegs.  Now I know.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

Good boot legs of Schleich figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Takama

Random Close ups

Spinosaurus

Stegosaurus

Brachiosaurus

Parasaurolophus (the best one in the bunch)

Triceratops

Velociraptor(which looks more like the original Bullyland figure)

Ankylosaurus (or Saichania as it was originally called)

and the B-Movie T-Rex

Horridus

I think it might be time to resurrect the 'Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs' thread...love the humanoid legs on that Velociraptor-thing.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Primeval12

Where can I get these and how much?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: