You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Jurassic Adventure" Park in Belgrade, Serbia

Started by Simon, June 27, 2016, 08:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

This park just opened last week - as it happens I arrived a few days ago to visit family.  It is located within the grounds of the old Kalemegdan fortress (which is now a huge park and the main Belgrade tourist attraction).  Lots of dinosaurs, a few (TRex, Triceratops, Allosaurus) are full size, many more half-size or less.

There are also a couple of dinos that are animatronic (kids' rodeo-type roaring rides), and a couple of man-dino suits, one of which I posed with.

The souvenir booth had the usual assortment of Chinasaurs but also a couple of more expensive boxed knock-offs of Papo TRex and Wild Safari Apatosaurus.

It seems that the sculptors who made the dinosaurs based each model on a different toy - see how many you can identify - so some are more accurate than others, and a few even have the correct orientation of the wrists.

Best of all the price of admission is less than US $3.50 for adults, and less for children.  When we were there the little kids seemed to be really enjoying themselves, I have never seen so many little kids having their pictures takes with their favorite dinosaurs.

A few photos will follow shortly, so - enjoy!

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

Simon

This doesn't really fit with the rest of the album, but I thought it was a cute photo of two sleeping White Lions at the Belgrade Zoo near the dinosaur park:

Lanthanotus

Thanks for sharing, Simon.

Seems they used toys of several companies for reference to build theses things. Some look a bit clumsy and I spot a lot of inaccuracies, but as I kid I would have loved such a park. Despite its skin wrapped skull with the visible fenestra, I really like the T. rex' head.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Admission price is pretty awesome, even an attraction like that here is 20.00 ..aside from our place. ;)

They look like the asian dinos so see here at a lot of those new traveling exhibits.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Pretty cool exhibit. I definitely see inspiration from Krentz's styracosaurus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Viergacht

Awesome! I wish we had one of those around here.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.