News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New Michael Crichton Book About Dinosaurs?

Started by Takama, July 29, 2016, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok im not sure if the source is trustworthy but some lady posted this link on facebook

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/28/12319480/michael-crichton-new-book-dinosaur-dragon-teeth?utm_campaign=theverge&utm_content=article&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Instead of Jurassic Park, it might focus on the real Battles between Edward Drinker Cope and Othniel Charles Marsh.

I just got done reading the Jurassic park books, so this might be a exciting thing if its true (i wonder if it will share the same universe)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Derek.McManus

I agree it sounds interesting but the poor man passed away after years ago, so slightly difficult to release new work without the services of another writer. Still good luck with the project!

Gwangi

Quote from: Derek.McManus on July 29, 2016, 07:37:57 PM
I agree it sounds interesting but the poor man passed away after years ago, so slightly difficult to release new work without the services of another writer. Still good luck with the project!

Did you read the article?

"Two books have emerged from Crichton's files over the years. The first was a completed book: Pirate Latitudes, about 17th century Caribbean pirates, which was released in 2009. A second was Micro, a partial manuscript that was completed by Richard Preston (author The Hot Zone), published in 2011. Unlike Micro, Dragon Teeth appears to be largely finished, and won't require the use of an additional author."

Jose S.M.

I have read both Jurassic Park novels and some other work from Michael Crichton,  the JP ones I love them,  and the others I have enjoyed them very much,  so I hope this is true.  I find curious that an incomplete manuscript was released before a mostly complete book,  but I guess it was more interest in Micro from the editorial or something like that

stargatedalek

As much as I adore both Jurassic Park novels Micro is probably my favorite of his books.

Kovu

Hmm, sounds interesting. Jurassic Park was both wonderful and wondrous, but Congo has always been and will always be, my favorite Crichton novel. The movie adaption was awful though. Hollywood seems to be redoing a lot of stuff recently though, so, a dude can hope for a reboot?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Kovu on July 30, 2016, 12:58:19 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting. Jurassic Park was both wonderful and wondrous, but Congo has always been and will always be, my favorite Crichton novel. The movie adaption was awful though. Hollywood seems to be redoing a lot of stuff recently though, so, a dude can hope for a reboot?

I haven't read Congo, I'm going to get it hehe, and yes the movie wasn't very good but, without having read the book I see potential in the story so I'm hoping for a reboot too, I think I read something about it once but just rumors.

Kovu

Quote from: Joe289 on July 30, 2016, 01:00:55 AM
Quote from: Kovu on July 30, 2016, 12:58:19 AM

I haven't read Congo, I'm going to get it hehe, and yes the movie wasn't very good but, without having read the book I see potential in the story so I'm hoping for a reboot too, I think I read something about it once but just rumors.

It may only be a rumor but that's good enough for me! Its a really great book, its got a good balance of science and myth.

Derek.McManus

:)I have read Pirate Latitudes and enjoyed it, actually that's how I found out that Mr Crichton had passed and it was quite a shock for me! This new book sounds interesting and I look forward to it and hope it's a success. Hooe I didn't upset anyone with my previous comment, Regards Derek

Derek.McManus

Obtained 'Micro' from the library yesterday and read it last night. I thought it was good, classic Crichton mankind abuses technology and mayhem ensues, in structure it reminds me of Timeline a little. My all time favourite is Congo I read it years ago when I found it in a bookshop in Glasgow and found it genuinely frightening in places ( the movie is very poor though) actually now I think on it, I'm surprised that Marco has not been made into a movie, perhaps too much like honey I shrunk the kids? Of course Jurassic Park and The Lost World are also unmissable for fans of Mr Crichton if only for the differences from the filmed versions and the extra light they shed on the story. I read an interview once where Mr Crichton said that the original idea for Jurassic Park had a wealthy man create a pterosaur but he scrapped this short story as he could not justify the amount of money the character would spend on a vanity project hence Jurassic Park was born.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.