News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SO what other cool things you guys do

Started by forsakenraptor, January 07, 2016, 11:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on January 16, 2016, 09:12:49 PM
I'm an architect and I design hospitals. I also do improvisation theatre, sing in a wedding band doing Elvis covers (yes, I'm Elvis and I wear a suit). I also sculpt, paint and draw plus look after two monkeys, ie my kids:)

Wait...  does that mean you yourself are a monkey? The diversity of members on this forum never ceases to amaze...  ;)

Simon

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 16, 2016, 09:18:14 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on January 16, 2016, 09:12:49 PM
I'm an architect and I design hospitals. I also do improvisation theatre, sing in a wedding band doing Elvis covers (yes, I'm Elvis and I wear a suit). I also sculpt, paint and draw plus look after two monkeys, ie my kids:)

This is a fun thread!

Every forum should have an Elvis impersonator. "Thank you very much"!

AND a JOLSON impersonator!  "You ain't heard nothing yet!"  ;)

Balaur

I like to research, draw, and write. I like to watch TV, have my brother drive me around, listen to skeptic/atheist podcasts, and look up anything LGBT related. And snuggle my cat. ^-^

Viking Spawn

I like travel and photography!  Love the Godzilla and superhero genre too! 

I also like to study entomology and real excited for this years' Brood V 17 year cicada emergence in Ohio this spring!  I plan to travel across the state to photograph and study these insects up close again like I did back in 1999 when this Brood last appeared. 

A photo I took 17 years ago...........

stargatedalek

I'd love to see that someday! Our little Neotibicen canicularis aren't nearly so interesting, a real shame since they are so vibrant in the southern latitudes.

alexeratops

12 year old seventh grader. I like to draw, build lego sets, watch YouTube, and of course collect dinosaurs. I have a youtube channel with 291 subscribers, I do reviews every once in a while. Own a bearded dragon. Like godzilla, superman, and the teen titans.
like a bantha!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 17, 2016, 02:03:33 AM
I also like to study entomology and real excited for this years' Brood V 17 year cicada emergence in Ohio this spring!  I plan to travel across the state to photograph and study these insects up close again like I did back in 1999 when this Brood last appeared. 

A couple of guys I work with collected a bunch of the last brood from the suburbs and then set them free on campus, where there were no cicadas, in the hopes that the next brood will absolutely deafen the student body and ruin finals week. That's a long prank.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 17, 2016, 06:13:49 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 17, 2016, 02:03:33 AM

A couple of guys I work with collected a bunch of the last brood from the suburbs and then set them free on campus, where there were no cicadas, in the hopes that the next brood will absolutely deafen the student body and ruin finals week. That's a long prank.

Lol!  I know that experiment has been done before with some success.  I know it would take the relocation of thousands of individuals to establish a new colony in your area.  The reason being due to their predator foolhardiness and that local birds love to decimate them!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 17, 2016, 09:34:03 PM

Lol!  I know that experiment has been done before with some success.  I know it would take the relocation of thousands of individuals to establish a new colony in your area.  The reason being due to their predator foolhardiness and that local birds love to decimate them!

They took several shoeboxes full, so they might have pulled it off. For days in a row, they're riding on the train from the suburbs with shoeboxes full of bugs in their laps. I should ask them if they kept quiet during the trip.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 18, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 17, 2016, 09:34:03 PM

They took several shoeboxes full, so they might have pulled it off. For days in a row, they're riding on the train from the suburbs with shoeboxes full of bugs in their laps. I should ask them if they kept quiet during the trip.

If half were males, I highly doubt it.  They can give off funny sounding distress calls when they get shook around or disturbed.  Definitely an attention getter.  Haha Hehe.

Mamasaurus

This is a fun thread. "Cool" is a relative term of course, but I think there's quite a lot of coolness going around this neck of the woods.   :))

As for stuff I do...well I am Mom-in-charge at our little house in the countryside, with three little helpers age 3, 20 months, and 8 months. They help me take care of the chickens and keep our little sourdough bread "friend" happy. I also experiment with many things artistic, usually with pencil, digital paint, or with words.  At the moment I am working on writing and illustrating a children's picture book.   :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Well, I don't just collect extinct animals, but also figures of dragons, modern animals, and some Kaiju(Kaiju take up a lot of space though). I draw/sculpt, I have a Leopard Gecko, I have a YouTube channel known as... well, AcroSauroTaurus where I do reviews and show my collection, I have a website where I post my artwork, I do animal photography... and currently i'm only 18.
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

A fair bit. In my free time I enjoy practicing cyr wheel and lyra (an aerial art). I've run a marathon before, and last month I swam 16 miles in Lake Superior in two days. Don't know what other people do with their weekends...

I've also worked as a zookeeper at a reptile zoo and as a biologist studying turtles in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. I did my thesis on tardigrades, if you know what those are.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Mr. Challenger

I love dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures in general, and you know that I like to create handmade replicas of these amazing animals, but I also made other type of figures and cute art toys with polymer clay, wool, felt and things like that. Here are a few  ^-^

I'm an ilustrator too, and forgive me if I do a little bit of spam, but If some of you want to see my work you can find me on facebook and instagram with the name Ilustracharls  :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: BlueKrono on October 05, 2016, 12:33:00 AM
I've also worked as a zookeeper at a reptile zoo and as a biologist studying turtles in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest. I did my thesis on tardigrades, if you know what those are.

That's cool and I know what tardigrates are! My childhood dream and reason for get in the Biology career was working in something like a zookeper or in animal rehabilitation and release. Sadly we only have a zoo and it's not the best but it has been improving since the last two years but if a new animal protection law passes, it will have to close for good. I'm actually worried about where are they going to take the animals, since private reserves and rehab centers are small and typically they struggle with budget having no aid from the state. I still have hopes that someday I will work close with animals, but I recently started studying  natural sciences education as a secondary career, and it's good because I love teaching too.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.