News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mest's collection

Started by mest, September 12, 2015, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mest

Ironically found from local store a bootleg ankylosaurus. From collectors point of view it is sad that companies give market away to bootleggers.

Two unknown hybrids.

stoneage

Quote from: mest on May 07, 2016, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: stoneage on May 06, 2016, 11:28:09 PM
What makes you think Marx had anything to do with them?

In 1970's Marx sold many plastic injection molds to USSR. These were for allkinds of plastic figures. And these dinosaurs looks like Marx figures on online images:

https://www.google.ee/search?q=marx+dinosaurs&biw=1360&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjQpOmdhsjMAhVG3iwKHRwhCtcQ_AUIBigB

On that time in USSR was also produced their own plastic toy figures. But they looked more like 2D than 3D:

https://www.google.ee/search?hl=et&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1360&bih=619&q=Vintage+Russian+USSR+Cavalry+Soldiers&oq=Vintage+Russian+USSR+Cavalry+Soldiers&gs_l=img.3...828.828.0.1129.1.1.0.0.0.0.56.56.1.1.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.0.0.WS4DijduaIE#hl=et&tbm=isch&q=Vintage+USSR+Cavalry+Soldiers

As much as i remember, there was also a smilodon and apatosaurus in the set.

I have many Marx figures and with the exception of the much smaller Woolly Mammoth and the Trachodon, which has different hands and different leg positions, they look closer to Nabisco cereal premiums which they are not.

LophoLeeVT

wow they even use real papo dinosaurus at the back of the package....
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Arul

Wow that bootleg need immediate repaint  :P

Dilopho

Halichoeres

Who made those giant monochrome ones?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stoneage

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 04, 2016, 10:24:08 PM

They look like the 6 inch Marx figures, but I don't remember seeing them in that dark chocolate color before.

mest

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 04, 2016, 10:24:08 PM

Once created by MARX and now produced by ARK Models.

Iohannes

Quote from: mest on October 05, 2015, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 02, 2015, 09:10:33 PM
I think that mystery Sarcosuchus is a CollectA rip off. They been poping up everywhere online lately

Not sure if that is a ripoff when it is not a perfect copy. But CollectA was probably used as one sample. Mystery is what text was printed on this figure. And why it was removed?

This large Sarchosuchus was made for the italian publishing house "Hobby & Work". It was part of the "Dinosauri 3D" line. Almost all figures were enlarged Collecta rip-offs and the name of the species was readable on the underbelly.

Then chinese manufacturers kept producing them, simply removing the name of the animal and of the publishing house. Now they can be easily bought on Aliexpress (although a couple of years ago they were more common and even more affordable).

This is the tv spot of the italian publication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72DclFXGyZw