News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

mest's collection

Started by mest, September 12, 2015, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The sarcosuchus is a beautiful figure. Collecta and Mojo surpasses by far. It is much more realistic and there is nothing like the caricature of the two companies mentioned.

You also have to say in all honesty, that at that time was beginning Collecta. Sarcosuchus shame that not sold in an online store.

Takama

I think that mystery Sarcosuchus is a CollectA rip off. They been poping up everywhere online lately

Shonisaurus

The truth and the truth is that dinosaurs sold by Chinese companies pirates are poor quality in terms of materials used.

mest

Quote from: Takama on October 02, 2015, 09:10:33 PM
I think that mystery Sarcosuchus is a CollectA rip off. They been poping up everywhere online lately

Not sure if that is a ripoff when it is not a perfect copy. But CollectA was probably used as one sample. Mystery is what text was printed on this figure. And why it was removed?

mest

"Minis"

Cynognathus
Ankylosaurus
Sthenurus
Smilodon
Woolly Rhino

"Linedance"

Not exactly a dinos but two Bigfoot figures from Sergio Sandoval.

"Walking with Chinasaurs"

Psittacosaurus in nice dynamic pose.

joossa

Haha, I love your "Walking with Chinasaurs" picture.  :))
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Tyto_Theropod

Loving the 'Walking with Chinasaurs' shot! Funny, I have the exact some model but I've always thought of it as a Hypsilophodon... maybe you're right and Hypsilophodon is just me.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

mest

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on October 07, 2015, 01:23:58 PM
Loving the 'Walking with Chinasaurs' shot! Funny, I have the exact some model but I've always thought of it as a Hypsilophodon... maybe you're right and Hypsilophodon is just me.

All i can tell that it was sold under the name Psittacosaurus.

Megalosaurus

Hi Mest, you have a great collection.

Quote from: mest on October 05, 2015, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 02, 2015, 09:10:33 PM

Not sure if that is a ripoff when it is not a perfect copy. But CollectA was probably used as one sample. Mystery is what text was printed on this figure. And why it was removed?

It is a CollectA Rip off from Nayab. It is scaled up, modified and erased the trademark. They avoid the law punishment this way.

http://www.nayab.com.hk/index.php?c=product&a=detail&id=493

There is it with several other stoled designs.

Quote from: mest on October 07, 2015, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on October 07, 2015, 01:23:58 PM
All i can tell that it was sold under the name Psittacosaurus.
It is listed as Camptosaurus in this publication. And its also made by Nayab. (The pose is good)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZVG3IW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=theplesdire-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005ZVG3IW

Here is mine over the Nayab placerias.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

mest

Thank you Megalosaurus. That was interesting information.
Here ist that Hypsilophodon/Psittacosaurus/Camptosaurus  figure on uhrzeitshop.de site http://www.urzeitshop.de/diverse-hersteller/1152-Psittacosaurus-Dinosaurier-Spielzeug.html

mest

"Freddy Krueger meets Wolverine"

Therizinosaurus (Schleich 2014) it's head looks just like big Schleich but body resembles more like Safari.
Beipiaosaurus (Safari Ltd. 2005) this one's details look really good. Best one in this group. Sry for bad photo.
Therizinosaurus (Schleich 2014) is probably sculpted by someone who makes Schleich's dragons.
Therizinosaurus (Safari Ltd 2003) hiding in the back. This big guy's body is made of two parts.
Therizinosaurus (Bullyland)
Therizinosaurus (CollectA 2012) this is the small CollectA. One day i'll probably have to get the bigger one also ;)
Nothronychus (CollectA 2008)

Schleich's

Bullyland has best color sceme for the therizinos and interesting goat eyes.

"Boneheads"

Pachycephalosaurus (CollectA 2013)
Pachycephalosaurus (Papo) I was amazed how small it is. On the internet photos it looked more like the Bullyland size.
Pachycephalosaurus (Bullyland) Scale 1:30. Can anyone explain this? According to Wikipedia Pachycephalosaurus was 4.5 meters long. So this guy in 1:30(23.5cm x 30) would have been 7 meters long. The actual scale of this figure is 1:18.
Pachycephalosaurus (GeoWorld) Same size as Bullyland and also 1:30 scale.
Pachycephalosaurus (Hasbro/JurassicWorld 2015) Same size as Bullyland.
Dracorex (Safari Ltd. 2012)
Pachycephalosaurus (Favorite) Scale 1:50. This guy would also be approx. 7 meters long. It's body resembles closely Safari's Dracorex.
Pachycephalosaurus (Chinasaur)
Pachycephalosaurus (3D print)

And finally got the last piece to my croc collection:

Deinosuchus (Safari Ltd. 1995) Next to Schleich's crocodile.

It's back is like 1980's Nintendo videogame. But overall a good looking "dino".

Halichoeres

Nice figures! That Bullyland Therizinosaurus is really quite good.

Quote from: mest on October 20, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
Pachycephalosaurus (Bullyland) Scale 1:30. Can anyone explain this? According to Wikipedia Pachycephalosaurus was 4.5 meters long. So this guy in 1:30(23.5cm x 30) would have been 7 meters long. The actual scale of this figure is 1:18.

I think Pachycephalosaurus is known only from a skull, and so people have arrived at different estimates when trying to figure out the total length. For a long time, people thought it was 7 or 8 meters long, but more recent calculations have estimated a smaller size.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

mest

"Ground Sloth Day"

Megatherium (Safari Ltd.) This little fellow(46 mm tall) is from the Prehistoric Life TOOB
Megatherium (Kaiyodo) 48 mm tall
Megatherium (Safari Ltd 2004) Safari will re release this one on 2016.
Megatherium (Wild Republic 2006) This one is probably made with blow molding so it's empty inside.
Megatherium (Bullyland) This giant(155 mm tall) is in scale 1:24
Megatherium (Geoworld 2014)
And two 3D prints.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2015, 11:26:36 PM
I think Pachycephalosaurus is known only from a skull, and so people have arrived at different estimates when trying to figure out the total length. For a long time, people thought it was 7 or 8 meters long, but more recent calculations have estimated a smaller size.

That may be the case. Here's anoter one from Chap Mei.

With CollectA:

And today i recieved my first Battat. Nansihungosaurus. Thanks to DeJankins.

PaleoMatt

My collection is quite similar to yours in what dinos you have! Schleich is the only one I find in shops too!

mest

Quote from: TE Matt on November 03, 2015, 08:11:02 PM
My collection is quite similar to yours in what dinos you have! Schleich is the only one I find in shops too!

Probably many of collectors have to say thanks to Schleich for starting their intrest in collecting ;)

Libraraptor

I really like your collection and like watching it while it grows! I´ll be following you!

mest

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 03, 2015, 08:33:19 PM
I really like your collection and like watching it while it grows! I´ll be following you!

Thank you :)

Dino-myte!!

I agree with most of your complements here, you have a great collection. Love those first Chinasaurs, they sure do look authentic. Heck, when we were kids, who cares? They look like dinosaurs, so that's good enough. And what's Grievous doing battle with your Therizinosaurs?? LOL!! He can't defeat obi-WAN's lizard mount.

mest

Chinasaurs

There are a few different versions of dinos from Nayab:

Zhong Jie Toys
We all know Zhong Jie likes to make knockoffs. But they really should invest more to their own original series:

A few monstrosities:

And a box that verifies Schleich's Tyrannosaur love for honey:

mest

"Kings"

Tyrannosaur (green CollectA)
Tyrannosaur (brown CollectA)
Neovenator (2007 Procon/CollectA)
Tyrannosaur (2010 4D Master)

These two Tyrannosaurs from Collecta are not only different color but also totally different sculpts.

Best looking tyrannosaur figure in my collection.

"Creepy Crawlers"

Saichania (Schleich 2011)
Saichania (Schleich 2002)
Scutosaurus (Wild Safari 2008)
Glyptodon (Wild Republic 2006)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: