News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which Old Versions Would You Most Want To See Updated?

Started by suspsy, February 23, 2017, 02:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Irritation

Schleich:
Torosaurus
Iguanodon
Pteranodon
Albertosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Saltasaurus
Papo:
Idk
Safari:
Deltadromeus
Saltasaurus
Amargosaurus
Daspletosaurus
Maybe Maiasaura
CollectA:
JOBARIA!
and maybe dacentrurus

John

An update to the one I would want to see the most has just been done this year (Styracosaurus albertensis),so I just look forward to whetever CollectA decides to do an update for next. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Loon

Safari:
Andrewsarchus(Hooves please)
Triceratops(It's a nice looking figure, but now inaccurate)
Bipedal Feathered T.rex (Not the biggest fan of the new figure's posture)
New evolution of man figures (The old set is decent, but very inaccurate)
Some quadrupedal pterosaurs (Pteranodon, Quetzalcoatlus, etc.)
Hatzegopteryx (The newly published material would make for an interesting figure)
New Dimetrodon (More like Scott Hartman's new skeletal)
Stegosaurus (Based off the Sophie specimen)
STYRACOSAURUS! (Because...Styracosaurus)
Some more feathered tyrannosaurs
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus (Old one looks like a snake swallowed an elephant)
New mosasaurus
New Utahraptor (I'd wait for the new material first, though)
New Carnotaurus

Jose S.M.

What do you mean with the new Tyrannosaurus posture? It's bipedal, some of them have standing issues but it was never meant to be a tripod, some people have it in that pose because they don't know how or haven't managed to correct the warping that causes to topple.

Loon

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 28, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
What do you mean with the new Tyrannosaurus posture? It's bipedal, some of them have standing issues but it was never meant to be a tripod, some people have it in that pose because they don't know how or haven't managed to correct the warping that causes to topple.
I probably should have worded that better; I meant something more along the lines of a hunting/running pose, like the Giganotosaurus.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I would love to see the Safari Ltd. Spinosaurus updated. I need a new Spinosaurus by Safari!!! It should look pretty good. I like the newer Spinosaurus in their Carnegie line, but they need a 2014 Spinosaurus!

Shonisaurus

I would like a Collecta tsitaosaurus updated with current appearance according to recent research, not with that rare unicorn that it has.

I would like to see updated all models of Collecta "dark age" and improved and in Deluxe and standard size. Especially a brachiosaurus updated both standard and Deluxe size.

From Schleich, Mojo and Papo updated versions of Spinosaurus and deinocheirus and feathered version of tyrannosaurus rex for example.

Of Safari that update the stegosaurus, triceratops, ankylosaurus, styracosaurus and that make a ptedodaustro, germanodactylus, gallodactylus, nyctosaurus, thalassodromeus sethi and a dsungaripterus. To give some examples  :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Loon on March 28, 2017, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 28, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
I probably should have worded that better; I meant something more along the lines of a hunting/running pose, like the Giganotosaurus.

I get it. Yeah the new one looks like it's roaring to scare something away from it's place. Some sort of display thing, I like it but one running or fighting  would have been cool too.

ZoPteryx

CollectA:

Alioramus
Gigantoraptor
Baryonyx
any of their small scale pterosaurs
Velociraptor
Ankylosaurus
Tsintaosaurus
Sarcosuchus
many many more of the older runs...

Safari:

Allosaurus
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Styracosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Pteranodon

Mojo and Schleich:
[insert any dinosaur species here]  ;)

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 25, 2017, 01:42:39 AM
It hasn't been officially described yet, but a new Parasaurolophus skull specimen was found to have traces of a fleshy display organ attached to the groove in the sides of the crest, the entire shape isn't known.

Woah, I hadn't heard about this!  I wonder if the structures are intended to be inflatable, something I believe Jaime Headden suggested some time ago.

Brontozaurus

I'm ok with a lot of Safari's older stuff, even if it isn't accurate, because at least they look nice. But everything CollectA did from its beginning to about 2010 (minus exceptions like Olorotitan and Psittacosaurus) is just flat out ugly. I'd love them to redo their old ceratopsians, especially Triceratops cause they've redone T. rex so much but the only new Trikes are a dead one, the tube one, and the gargantuan 1:15 scale.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Lanthanotus

I would like to see some more basal dinosaurs and/or predinosaur reptiles, best made by CollectA or Safari as I deem those the only ones capable to do so properly (besides Kaiyodo for sure, but I prefer "toy" figures over pure model figurines). I just was looking for an Ornitholestes (okay, not soo basal), but I could only find two different models and sad to say Geoworld did the most accurate, though it's still horrible.

Other than that, yeah, CollectA, please do a new Camptosaurus and Tenotosaurus!

CrypticPrism

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 28, 2017, 04:44:01 PM
I would like a Collecta tsitaosaurus updated with current appearance according to recent research, not with that rare unicorn that it has.

I would like to see updated all models of Collecta "dark age" and improved and in Deluxe and standard size. Especially a brachiosaurus updated both standard and Deluxe size.

From Schleich, Mojo and Papo updated versions of Spinosaurus and deinocheirus and feathered version of tyrannosaurus rex for example.

Of Safari that update the stegosaurus, triceratops, ankylosaurus, styracosaurus and that make a ptedodaustro, germanodactylus, gallodactylus, nyctosaurus, thalassodromeus sethi and a dsungaripterus. To give some examples  :)
Exactly.

Safari:
Female feathered rex
Camarasaurus
Tsintsaosaurus
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Spinosaurus
Austroraptor
Some type of ankylosaur with nose sacs.
Andrewsarchus
Pterosaur toob
Hatzegopteryx

Schleich:
Everything. Just, stop making dinosaurs, okay, schleich?

Collecta:
Deluxe hunting rex
Some form of deluxe sauropod
A sauropod corpse
Standard feathered velociraptor
Hatzegopteryx

Papo:
Feathered rex
Adult apatosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Spinosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Archaeopteryx
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Loon

Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 29, 2017, 02:31:50 PM
I would like to see some more basal dinosaurs and/or predinosaur reptiles, best made by CollectA or Safari as I deem those the only ones capable to do so properly (besides Kaiyodo for sure, but I prefer "toy" figures over pure model figurines).
I would dig some dinosauriformes/dinosauromorphs, I bet since some of them are so "dinosaur"-like it wouldn't be a hard sell for these companies either. Also some basal dinos would be really great; especially after Schleich's horrific Herrerasaurus, I would really be into some well done, up-to-date figures.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 28, 2017, 04:44:01 PM
Schleich:
Everything. Just, stop making dinosaurs, okay, schleich?
I have nothing to add to this, this is perfect.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 29, 2017, 01:14:55 PM
I would like to see some more basal dinosaurs and/or predinosaur reptiles, best made by CollectA or Safari as I deem those the only ones capable to do so properly (besides Kaiyodo for sure, but I prefer "toy" figures over pure model figurines). I just was looking for an Ornitholestes (okay, not soo basal), but I could only find two different models and sad to say Geoworld did the most accurate, though it's still horrible.

Other than that, yeah, CollectA, please do a new Camptosaurus and Tenotosaurus!

I have cycled through 4 different Ornitholestes figures, and none of them is really any good. For now I have the DeAgostini (90s series) and the Thunder Beasts version, mostly because they don't have the nose horn. It would be wonderful to have a nice up-to-date version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mirroraptor

Kaiyodo Dinoland's 1/35 Matsumura Walking Tyrannosaurus rex, 1/35 Pteranodon, Elasmosaurus, Matsumura's walking Deinonychus and digging Velociraptor with a little mammel.
Favorite Dinosaur storeus Coelophysis, Scipionyx.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: ZoPteryx on March 28, 2017, 11:37:17 PM

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 25, 2017, 01:42:39 AM
It hasn't been officially described yet, but a new Parasaurolophus skull specimen was found to have traces of a fleshy display organ attached to the groove in the sides of the crest, the entire shape isn't known.

Woah, I hadn't heard about this!  I wonder if the structures are intended to be inflatable, something I believe Jaime Headden suggested some time ago.

Thats what their thinking, similar to a Tragopan or a Frigate Bird.
I am the Dinosaur King!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.