News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kong ; Skull Island

Started by Derek.McManus, July 06, 2016, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

The solution is simple... Godzilla defeats King Ghidorah in the next film, but his ultimate fate is left ambiguous. Then when Kong and Godzilla fight, Mecha King Ghidorah is created to destroy them both together, thus necessitating the team up. The involvement of time travel and possibly Gigan in this scenario is optional, but ultimately preferable.

SpartanSquat

I dont think Legendary will kill King Ghidorah in King of the Monsters. He is the ultimate foe for Godzilla. Probbaly he will be the evil monster to destroy. Maybe we will see a fight like JW, were Kong and Godzilla will team up to destroy Ghidorah, similar to the movie Destroy All Monsters were all Earth Kaijus fought against Ghidorah.

alexeratops

Quote from: RolandEden on March 21, 2017, 11:39:01 PM
I dont think Legendary will kill King Ghidorah in King of the Monsters. He is the ultimate foe for Godzilla. Probbaly he will be the evil monster to destroy. Maybe we will see a fight like JW, were Kong and Godzilla will team up to destroy Ghidorah, similar to the movie Destroy All Monsters were all Earth Kaijus fought against Ghidorah.

Here's what I think. Spoiler Alert!Spoiler Alert!Spoiler Alert!

Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah were all hinted at in Skull Island. I believe that Rodan and Mothra will be neutral in the fight against Godzilla, and eventually team up with Godzilla to 'defeat' Ghidorah, and then he will return in Kong Vs Godzilla. I don't see them wasting Godzilla's biggest enemy on just his sequel, I feel like he will be in both of the movies. I don't think Mecha Godzilla, Mecha Ghidorah, time travel, or any of that being in this new franchise because it would be recieved as ridiculous and just seem like another Pacific Rim or some dumb sci-fi movie.
like a bantha!

SpartanSquat

@alexeratops: I think Godzilla in King of the Monsters will be the main monster and villain. Probably he will hunt nuclear stations since he absorbed the nuke form the ocean and mutos corpsers. Rodan will be neutral. Mothra probably. I think Eleven character is related with Mothra.
From what I read in the Monsterverse wont be any mecha, they want to show the kaijus as living gods. I read long time ago that Legendary before the announcement of Rodan, Ghidorah and Mothra that they bought 5 toho monster rights including Godzilla. And they were Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah and Anguirus. And 4 of 5 are confirmed...Anguirus fits very well in Monsterverse, probably a giant archosaur like Kaprosuchus and I from what I saw Anguirus is very popular in western parts more than Japan, so I wont be surprise if Anguirus will appear in Godzilla vs Kong.

BlueKrono

Anguirus is my all time favorite Toho monster.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on March 22, 2017, 02:19:55 AM

Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah were all hinted at in Skull Island. I believe that Rodan and Mothra will be neutral in the fight against Godzilla, and eventually team up with Godzilla to 'defeat' Ghidorah, and then he will return in Kong Vs Godzilla. I don't see them wasting Godzilla's biggest enemy on just his sequel, I feel like he will be in both of the movies. I don't think Mecha Godzilla, Mecha Ghidorah, time travel, or any of that being in this new franchise because it would be recieved as ridiculous and just seem like another Pacific Rim or some dumb sci-fi movie.

They're already going way past the threshold of ridiculousness as it is, there's no point holding back, this franchise clearly isn't going for the serious starkness of the original 1954 film (while the 2014 Godzilla was marketed as such, in reality wasn't anything of the sort), and the Godzilla films after that in which these monsters appeared have always been seriously ridiculous, so it would only be true to it's roots. Pacific Rim had the right idea, if anything. I think it's better to just commit to either realism or ridiculousness, and not dance around in between, and when you have a film with a giant moth and a golden three headed dragon from space who shoots lightning out of his mouths, you've already abandoned the realism part. Its already a dumb sic-fi movie. The hope for me is that it's a well crafted one.   

alexeratops

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 22, 2017, 02:47:33 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on March 22, 2017, 02:19:55 AM

They're already going way past the threshold of ridiculousness as it is, there's no point holding back, this franchise clearly isn't going for the serious starkness of the original 1954 film (while the 2014 Godzilla was marketed as such, in reality wasn't anything of the sort), and the Godzilla films after that in which these monsters appeared have always been seriously ridiculous, so it would only be true to it's roots. Pacific Rim had the right idea, if anything. I think it's better to just commit to either realism or ridiculousness, and not dance around in between, and when you have a film with a giant moth and a golden three headed dragon from space who shoots lightning out of his mouths, you've already abandoned the realism part. Its already a dumb sic-fi movie. The hope for me is that it's a well crafted one.   

I feel like they are still trying to make the movies more realistic, potentially not having Ghidorah come from space. I still think that there won't be anything mecha-related.
@RolandEden, I don't think they would suddenly make up Godzilla to be the villain in Destroy All Monsters after trying so hard to make him seem like the good guy in 2014. Ghidorah still seems to fill the role of big baddie, being one of Godzilla's most iconic and powerful enemies.
like a bantha!

dragon53

Trailer released for comic book SKULL ISLAND: BIRTH OF KONG.

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHjJCgW8ORE

Derek.McManus

Wow that looks rather impressive and I'm sure I saw a few nods to the original in there! Thanks for sharing

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.