News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croatasaurus

Victoria's Cantina

I ordered a new King T-Rex a couple weeks ago that I received on Friday. For those who may recall, I had previously ordered two of them last summer. The first was plagued by paint blemishes and a bent tooth. The second still had a bent tooth, but it had cleaner paint and a far duskier coloration that isn't as vibrant as most other King T-Rexes I've seen. Well, I decided to try my luck yet again to see if I could snag a more vivid looking T-Rex. I certainly succeeded (the newest one is in the bottom pic).  The coloration is more vibrant, but it still doesn't seem to be quite as vibrant or have the truly dark eye coloration that others' King T-Rexes have. I have to wonder if only the initial releases looked that way. My newest one also stands a bit more upright, though I find it balances better on the Fallen Queen. No bent tooth on this one, though the front lower teeth look a little more stubby for some reason. I like it better overall so I'm going to keep it and sell the other one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's actually the first pic I think I've seen of both pieces together.  Not bad. More in scale with each other than I had first thought.

Viking Spawn

I like the coloration of your new one better.  Now you got me tempted to buy another and there was nothing wrong with the original I already have.  But judging by your photos, there is an obvious paint variation difference.

joossa

Good to hear you got one that is more or less acceptable, Victoria! Three times the charm, eh? :)

(Nice shots too!)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

kreativtek

I just got my King T-rex as well as The Fallen Queen and I've got to admit that these are two of the best dinosaur models my eyes had seen. I marvel at their quality and dynamic, natural poses (or lack thereof, in case of the female Triceratops). The dinosaurs look incredible on the shelf, probably better than any Papo model. One thing bugs me, though. The jaw on the Rex doesn't open too wide and when it does, it goes back to the position after a couple of minutes.

Do you happen to know if that improves over time?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: kreativtek on May 22, 2018, 07:02:08 PM
I just got my King T-rex as well as The Fallen Queen and I've got to admit that these are two of the best dinosaur models my eyes had seen. I marvel at their quality and dynamic, natural poses (or lack thereof, in case of the female Triceratops). The dinosaurs look incredible on the shelf, probably better than any Papo model. One thing bugs me, though. The jaw on the Rex doesn't open too wide and when it does, it goes back to the position after a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately that detail is observed in figures such as the yutyrannus and the ceratosaurus of Rebor in my case. The same can be said of the "Clan Cerberus" whose arms are dislocated (they leave the body) and the jaws do not open properly (I have opted to leave them with their mouths closed.

Another thing is in relation to acrocanthosaurus, compsognathus and carnotaurus for three examples.

With respect to especially the carnotaurus has improved but depends on the species of dinosaur or prehistoric animal. It is what I say is the negative of having prehistoric animals with parts of the body articulated from my sincere opinion.

PhilSauria

This is one of my favorite tyrannosaur figures, it looks great on display and my eye goes straight to it every time. Never knew there was such a variation in the paint.The jaw stays slightly open on mine, get a bit tired of just about every Therapod lined up like a row of baby birds with their mouths wide open. Good to have some variation, or the option for same.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 22, 2018, 11:37:13 PM

Unfortunately that detail is observed in figures such as the yutyrannus and the ceratosaurus of Rebor in my case. The same can be said of the "Clan Cerberus" whose arms are dislocated (they leave the body) and the jaws do not open properly (I have opted to leave them with their mouths closed.

Another thing is in relation to acrocanthosaurus, compsognathus and carnotaurus for three examples.

With respect to especially the carnotaurus has improved but depends on the species of dinosaur or prehistoric animal. It is what I say is the negative of having prehistoric animals with parts of the body articulated from my sincere opinion.
Really?  I've never had any issues with my Acrocanthosaurus.  Either of them.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 23, 2018, 12:03:52 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 22, 2018, 11:37:13 PM

Really?  I've never had any issues with my Acrocanthosaurus.  Either of them.

I think you've misunderstood Shadowknight1 what I wrote in that post. I mean that both the carnotaurus, acrocanthosaurus and compsognathus to give three examples, their jaws are perfect do not present problems at the time of opening or closing. I want to say that the acrocanthosaurus is perfect the same can be said of the unrepeatable pair of dimorphodon by Rebor, which is just as great and without problems in relation to articulated jaws.  :)