News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Straight-tusked elephant

Started by Reptilia, March 10, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 26, 2018, 08:59:44 AM
Quote from: Andreioli on July 26, 2018, 08:30:38 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 26, 2018, 07:36:19 AM
I have never fallen off my shelves.

;D ;D ;D Oh Google Translate, how unintentionally funny you can be sometimes.

Andreioli I am aware that I do not know English and that sometimes I use the Google translator, but the truth is that I go to language classes and I can assure you that I have difficulties with the native language of Shakespeare. Sorry if sometimes the forum people like you do not understand what I write in the forum.

I was referring to the fact that the palaeoloxon antiquus has never fallen off my shelves. I'm sorry for being gross enough for language learning, it's not my intention.

Hey man, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the Google translation (which is what I assumed you used).
It's just a funny statement that has been created, regardless.

Peace!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Andreioli on July 26, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

Andreioli I am aware that I do not know English and that sometimes I use the Google translator, but the truth is that I go to language classes and I can assure you that I have difficulties with the native language of Shakespeare. Sorry if sometimes the forum people like you do not understand what I write in the forum.

I was referring to the fact that the palaeoloxon antiquus has never fallen off my shelves. I'm sorry for being gross enough for language learning, it's not my intention.

Hey man, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the Google translation (which is what I assumed you used).
It's just a funny statement that has been created, regardless.

Peace!

Thanks for your words Andreioli. I understood your message, I have simply made this clarification for any forum member who can logically be annoyed by the way I express myself.

I understood the meaning of the words, do not worry.  :)

tanystropheus

I don't think you are being gross (enough).

Fembrogon

Just for fun, here are a couple of shots of the Straight-tusk with some other 1:35 scale figures:

Yikes; Paleoloxodon would have been an awesome sight in life, wouldn't it have?

Jose S.M.

Nice photos. I agree it would have been amazing to see a herd of those (I assume it was a hearding animal) in the move.

PhilSauria

Great photos and novel idea to pair it with Dinosaurs rather than a Mammoth or two - like the poses; striding along beside the Triceratops but Squaring off against the rex. Brought a smile to my face.

Shonisaurus

By the way I suppose that Eofauna will be planning to make more prehistoric animal figures, in terms of news I hope they will soon reveal the expected dinosaur that I had planned and that would be available later this year or early next.

Eofauna is one of the best prehistoric animal companies on the market and it would be interesting if you did not limit yourself to prehistoric elephants, although they are magnificent, I hope there is more variety.

tanystropheus

Not much I can contribute to this thread that hasn't already been said about the Straight Tusked Elephant.

Overall rating: 10/10

At the moment, it is stable (I hope, I don't jinx myself  >:D)

I am looking forward to upcoming exotic elephants from Eofauna and I am definitely going to pick up their Mammoth.

terrorchicken

didnt know paleoloxodon was almost as big as a t-rex! was it bigger than paraceratherium?
would be cool to discover more giant sized mammals like these, and give some of the dinos a run for their money in the size dept.

Fembrogon

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 31, 2018, 05:51:10 PM
didnt know paleoloxodon was almost as big as a t-rex! was it bigger than paraceratherium?
P. antiquus, which the figure represents, was not; but P. namadicus is thought to have been.

Honestly it's pretty crazy/awesome how big some mammals got. We give so much credit to the dinosaurs that the mammals' own endeavors get overlooked!

Shonisaurus

Sincerely, the Eofauna company makes great figures of prehistoric elephants, although I would also like them to focus on other prehistoric animals.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 03, 2018, 08:16:18 AM
Sincerely, the Eofauna company makes great figures of prehistoric elephants, although I would also like them to focus on other prehistoric animals.

like the Paraceratherium?

I think they are capable of making a stellar prehistoric rhinoceros series as well.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 03, 2018, 05:00:33 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on August 31, 2018, 05:51:10 PM
Honestly it's pretty crazy/awesome how big some mammals got. We give so much credit to the dinosaurs that the mammals' own endeavors get overlooked!

I was thinking the same thing. Id love to see a film that does for prehistoric mammals what Jurassic Park did for dinosaurs. And no, Ice Age doesn't count,  that movie made them less impressive than they actually were.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 03, 2018, 08:16:18 AM

Well, one of my favorite prehistoric mammals is the paraceratherium perhaps because of its rarity in the toy market I would like a paraceratherium from Eofauna. I would like Eofauna to make a decent paraceratherium.

But in this case I was referring to other types of prehistoric animals such as dinosaurs. I would like to see how far Eofauna reaches in the manufacture of dinosaurs, a rather dark theropod like the tyrannotitan would be interesting, a carcharodontosaurus unpublished in the toy market for example.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.