News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Anyone know these figures?

Started by mooseman, July 10, 2012, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooseman

I picked this up from a model shop recently for the high price of £3.95. I'm fairly new to dinosaur toys - so far I only have the Papo running T.Rex and the Collecta dead Triceratops, they seemed like a good way to start collecting.

Anyway, so Toyway is listed on the back - it seems they did some Walking with Dinosaurs figures years ago, I have no idea if this is the same company though. I'd also be surprised if they're worth anything, but it'll be cool if anyone knows anything about them at all.

[attachment msg=13707][/attachment]

mooseman

Here's the back of the box - sorry for the bad photo quality.

[attachment msg=13708][/attachment]

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Yes defenetly UKRD.   very common in the 1990s

DinoToyForum

In that case, what is the relationship between UKRD and Toyway? Presumably it is the same Toyway who produced the Walking with Dinosaurs line and the new Natural History Museum line. 

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 10, 2012, 10:36:21 PM
In that case, what is the relationship between UKRD and Toyway? Presumably it is the same Toyway who produced the Walking with Dinosaurs line and the new Natural History Museum line.

Toyway has been a distributor for several lines (remember ReSaurus?)--there is a good chance that this was one of their 90s lines.

DC

These came out durring JP1.  These were first done for Boely in the US.  Toyway distributed a lot of lines including their own and Safari.  In the US they were picked up by ToySmith later and repainted.  They are sold mixed with several other series.

This may have been originally custom done for Boely as it includes the Allosaurus and Iganodon not in the other series.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DinoToyForum

Thanks Randy - your are a font of knowledge  :D 8)

mooseman

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'll keep them in the box anyway, it seems a shame to take them out after so many years.

Gryphoceratops

lol it says museum quality.  I have all those listed on the back.  Fun little figures.

SBell

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on July 15, 2012, 01:48:45 AM
lol it says museum quality.  I have all those listed on the back.  Fun little figures.

A lot of things do--sadly, it's kind of like 'low fat' food--a marketing phrase that should actually mean something.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.