News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:20 Spinosaurus model by Prey Collection

Started by paintingdinos, December 16, 2017, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintingdinos

I just found out about this today, and I'm SO excited! The biggest thing for me when collecting a model, is how dynamic and fluid it looks. That's one thing I really, really like about Alexander Belov's "Prey Collection Studios" figures, and I have the smaller Spinosaurus on order now (still in transit, probably wont get it until after the holidays).

But this new 1:20 is very impressive (and very pricey):

FB link: http://bit.ly/2CHsAyL
I know some people don't have FB, so here's another link: http://bit.ly/2Bm1FrO

It reminds me of a classical Roman sculpture, with the very prominent, almost exaggerated skin and muscle details. I'm going to have to start pinching pennies...

IrritatorRaji

I'm in love!

Shame I can't pick one up though, $300 - $500 is way too much for me and I really don't like painting.

paintingdinos

The price is very steep. I've wanted figures at similar price points in the past, but have always thought better of it and held off.

But this is an incredible sculpt.

Halichoeres

I just ordered this guy's Parahelicoprion. I think I'll make it my second paint-up. Figure I should cut my teeth on something cheaper.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

saw this on facebook, its not finished yet is it? 

wasn't there another swimming spino model earlier this year?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2017, 02:00:15 AM

Are you referring to this one?

paintingdinos

I doubt its 100% completed, but he's made fast progress. First announced he would be working on it less than a month ago.

There was a 1:56 Spino from a few months ago (posted above). I was able to get one, and hope he does another run of the Dunkleosteus. Would love to have it (at $45 its much easier to justify  :P)

BlueKrono

That non-Facebook link gave me a recurring spam popup. I actually like that one that Blade posted more. That thing is fantastic! And where is everybody seeing all these prehistoric fish?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dobber

Do you mean this one?
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6006.0

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

paintingdinos

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 17, 2017, 06:33:48 AM
That non-Facebook link gave me a recurring spam popup. I actually like that one that Blade posted more. That thing is fantastic! And where is everybody seeing all these prehistoric fish?

You have to have access to either facebook or instagram to view his stuff. The FB link is in the first post. That's his main shop, so you can view everything there. You can also search the web for an "instagram viewer", and find one that isn't giving you popups.

Just two fish thus far, parahelicoprion and a dunk:

Halichoeres

Urzeitshop is selling painted versions of the Dunk, in case anyone wants to go that route. The Parahelicoprion lists as sold out on his facebook, but I messaged him and he said he could get me one within a couple of weeks. I'll let you all know when it arrives.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

paintingdinos

Speaking of the Dunk, I just saw him post that it was back in stock again   :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 17, 2017, 02:58:24 AM

I doubt its 100% completed, but he's made fast progress. First announced he would be working on it less than a month ago.

There was a 1:56 Spino from a few months ago (posted above). I was able to get one, and hope he does another run of the Dunkleosteus. Would love to have it (at $45 its much easier to justify  :P)

i was just curious if given the size there would be more detail added to it.  i watched the video he moved pretty quick...just gotta get in the "zone".  lol

Quote from: Dobber on December 17, 2017, 12:44:55 PM

Do you mean this one?
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6006.0

Chris

Yes I did.  Same scale and i like the overall piece better..looks like a Sideshow model and it comes painted already too. 

While searching I did see a 1/15 Spino walking by another forum member.  Lots of Spiney love this year.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.