News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Baby Dinosaurs

Started by Irritation, November 19, 2017, 03:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What baby dinosaurs do you want to see as figures

Triceratops
5 (50%)
Tyrannosaurus
5 (50%)
Maiasaura
7 (70%)
Parasaurolophus
6 (60%)
Velociraptor
6 (60%)
Brachiosaurus
5 (50%)
Spinosaurus
5 (50%)
Iguanodon
6 (60%)
Saurolophus
4 (40%)
Allosaurus
6 (60%)
Majungosaurus
3 (30%)
Eoraptor
2 (20%)
Pachyrhinosaurus
5 (50%)
Amargasaurus
5 (50%)
Ankylosaurus
5 (50%)
Polacanthus
3 (30%)
Nodosaurus
2 (20%)
Styracosaurus
5 (50%)
Apatosaurus
6 (60%)
Pachycephalosaurus
4 (40%)
Giganotosaurus
4 (40%)
Ouranosaurus
5 (50%)
Carcharodontosaurus
3 (30%)
Irritator
2 (20%)
Baryonyx
4 (40%)
Carnotaurus
5 (50%)
Saltasaurus
4 (40%)
Stegosaurus
5 (50%)
Edmontonia
4 (40%)
Megalosaurus
2 (20%)
Utahraptor
5 (50%)
Deinonychus
5 (50%)
Troodon
5 (50%)
Titanosaurus
4 (40%)
Oviraptor
5 (50%)
Ornithomimus
4 (40%)
Gigantoraptor
4 (40%)
Euoplocephalus
4 (40%)
Ceratosaurus
5 (50%)
Acrocanthosaurus
5 (50%)
Corythosaurus
6 (60%)
Hypacrosaurus
3 (30%)
Diplodocus
6 (60%)
Argentinosaurus
4 (40%)
Chasmosaurus
4 (40%)
Paralitian
2 (20%)
Pentaceratops
4 (40%)
Torosaurus
4 (40%)
Plateosaurus
5 (50%)
Cryolophosaurus
5 (50%)
Daspletosaurus
2 (20%)
Lambeosaurus
4 (40%)
Gryposaurus
1 (10%)
Tenontosaurus
2 (20%)
Metriacanthosaurus
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Irritation

Holly......This has to be my biggest poll yet! Anyways have fun voting and this is for fan purposes only.

Khanosaurus

I don't understand why people would want baby dinosaurs. That will only mean less adult dinosaur figures. This logic makes no sense. Such as papo releasing a baby spinosaurus. They could of easily used that sculpt to make an irritator. This logic is dumbfounding.

CityRaptor

Really? Juveniles of any age make great additions to adult ones and can be used in dioramas and other settings.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ceratopsian

How about some more of the dinosaurs for which we have juveniles - e.g. Oryctodromeus, Pinacosaurus or Protoceratops?

Ravonium

You should have included dinosaurs for which the only known specimens are babies or juveniles as well as popular and somewhat popular dinosaurs, instead of just making an exhaustive list of dinosaurs (half of which won't even be voted by more than a handful of people).

Quote from: Khanosaurus on November 19, 2017, 03:19:39 PM
I don't understand why people would want baby dinosaurs. That will only mean less adult dinosaur figures. This logic makes no sense. Such as papo releasing a baby spinosaurus. They could of easily used that sculpt to make an irritator. This logic is dumbfounding.

I agree with the rest of your post, but not the part I've put in bold. Most Papo dinosaurs somewhat resemble the genera they're based on. An Papo Irritator whose sculpt is almost exactly the same as their Spinosaurus, save for a reduced size and a slightly different pose, would not receive a lot of good reception on this forum. Yes, they could've made an Irritator instead of a baby Spinosaurus, but it would be an awful idea to use the same sculpt for this Irritator as the baby Spinosaurus.

Shonisaurus

I would like the main toy baby dinosaur producers to be Safari and Collecta and not based on children's models or Jurassic Park.  ^-^

Faelrin

I'd like to see updated versions of Safari Ltd's baby dinosaurs, especially since most of the adult dinosaurs have been remade by now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Irritation

Quote from: Faelrin on November 19, 2017, 06:54:15 PM
I'd like to see updated versions of Safari Ltd's baby dinosaurs, especially since most of the adult dinosaurs have been remade by now.
I agree and maybe we can finally get a new Maiasaura set with a newly sculpted infant to go with it.

Halichoeres

I'm almost never interested in baby dinosaurs except in the cases where a taxon is known exclusively or mostly from subadult remains. Most baby dinosaur toys are of the most commonly done species, so when a company releases a baby version of something I almost always wish they'd used the effort on an adult of some species that's made less often.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Safari Ltd should update their babies, and hopefully not in the cartoony style anymore.

same with Collecta's. (their baby T. rex is one of my most disliked figures ever)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.