You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What are your biggest reasons for not buying an otherwise good figure/model?

Started by Ravonium, December 07, 2017, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[deleted poll]

[deleted]
[deleted]

BlueKrono

Unavailability. If it can't be found you can never get one. I've been searching for the Hell Creek Spinosaurus statue for years and I've never seen one come up for sale.

Price. Some things are just beyond your financial reach, usually rarities that sellers know some person might pay a lot for.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bowhead Whale

Lack of space at home to store it. That is a serious reason why I don't buy so many toys anymore.

SidB

Sometimes its simply nothing more than a small, niggling detail that acts as a bur in the saddle, so to speak. For example, I avoided buying the CollectA feathered T-Rex because of the unnatural convex tissue at the back of the mouth. This was a problem that the manufacturer seems to have corrected, as I found out recently when  I ordered one because of the rumor (incorrect) that it was going to be discontinued.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.