News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Probably the worst dinosaurs I've ever seen...

Started by Dilopho, October 02, 2016, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Atroxious

Quote from: Dilopho on October 03, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
Please don't take it in a way that makes it seem like I'm doing it to be mean!  :o

It's just clear that they don't really care about their dinosaurs. On their home page they go on and on about how amazing their pages are at helping children learn and develop colouring and there's....a five paragraph section on how to use a pencil.....and a clear message that boys "don't care" about colouring as much as gils...but the dinosaurs are just....bad. Un-educational, if you will.  :-\

...I can't even. The irony of this website giving advice about how to use a pencil is priceless.

Also, boys don't care about coloring? Citation needed.

"UltraColoring.com is at the forefront among these, offering an ensemble of interesting, attractive and unique pictures that children absolutely love."

One question...why does that Giga have a trunk? For that matter, why does it only have one arm growing out of its chest? What's it doing anyway? Tripping over a log, maybe? Make that three questions.

Dilopho

Quote from: The Atroxious on October 03, 2016, 05:55:55 PM

...I can't even. The irony of this website giving advice about how to use a pencil is priceless.

Also, boys don't care about coloring? Citation needed.
Look at the home page on the website!  :o

Sim

Quote from: The Atroxious on October 03, 2016, 05:55:55 PM
"UltraColoring.com is at the forefront among these, offering an ensemble of interesting, attractive and unique pictures that children absolutely love."

One question...why does that Giga have a trunk? For that matter, why does it only have one arm growing out of its chest? What's it doing anyway? Tripping over a log, maybe? Make that three questions.

It looks like that picture was based on the Giganotosaurus image from Wikipedia shown below.

Dinomike

These made my day! They are absolutely awesome!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Killekor

But...but...O MY GOD!!! :o :o :o :o :o😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Sigmasaurus

That is NOT an Allosaurus. It is a blue human with a duck mask.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

How are these dinosaurs? Even I couldn't correctly identify most of these dinosaurs. Why does the Gigantspinosaurus look like an ankylosaurs?! It is supposed to look like this:

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 06, 2017, 01:57:59 PM
Why does the Gigantspinosaurus look like an ankylosaurs?! It is supposed to look like this:

As I showed in my post on the previous page, it seems they copied images of both Gigantspinosaurus and Gastonia, but then labelled each as the other on the colouring pictures website. (Reply #11): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5028.msg148423#msg148423

GasmaskMax

I have just unearthed a new VEIN of paleo memes hidden away, ready and ripe to emerge!!!  ;)

Ravonium

Quote from: Dilopho on October 02, 2016, 06:59:40 PM
Achelousaurus:

Allosaurus:

Ampelosaurus:

Anchiornis:

Ankylosaurus:

Baryonyx:

Edmontosaurus:

Gigantspinosaurus:

Giraffatitan:

Mamenchisaurus:

Microraptor:

Sinosauropteryx:

I know I'm late to this but I just had to...

This is what mammals will look like 3000 years from now.

UtahraptorFan

Wow! Just ... wow! That so-called Achelousaurus looks more like a deformed cattle. Not that I could do any better.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

Neosodon

To painful to even look at. Much more so to even try to point out all the things wrong with them.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

IrritatorRaji

Bowhead Whale

They indeeed seem to have been drawn by someone who has neither knowledge about dinosaurs, nor knowledge about basic anatomy...

Roktman

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 03, 2016, 03:36:49 PM
If this person had an account on DTF and was posting them here, would you be saying these things? And for all you know, it could be a child that coloured these in. Meh, it just seems kind of mean spirited and unnecessary.

Agreed.
Someone quickly drew them up for some Mom, who doesn't care about dinosaurs, to download for her 3 - 4 year old who doesn't really know what dinosaurs are,  to color to keep her kid busy while she finishes the laundry or does the dishes.
They're not meant for ppl that debate the parameters of a dinosaur scute.

Sim

Quote from: Roktman on December 17, 2017, 01:53:52 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 03, 2016, 03:36:49 PM
If this person had an account on DTF and was posting them here, would you be saying these things? And for all you know, it could be a child that coloured these in. Meh, it just seems kind of mean spirited and unnecessary.

Agreed.
Someone quickly drew them up for some Mom, who doesn't care about dinosaurs, to download for her 3 - 4 year old who doesn't really know what dinosaurs are,  to color to keep her kid busy while she finishes the laundry or does the dishes.
They're not meant for ppl that debate the parameters of a dinosaur scute.

The situations for how these colouring pictures originated that you and tyrantqueen used as the basis of your arguments are invented and I think aren't relevant.  Instead of inventing situations to support your views, why not base your views on the actual situation?  These colouring pictures aren't being posted on this forum by a member who made them, and they aren't drawn by someone for a mum and their child who both aren't knowledgeable about dinosaurs.  These colouring pictures are from a website which offers a lot of colouring pictures, covering a wide range of subjects, dinosaurs being just one of these.

These dinosaur colouring pictures have errors that are so conspicuous and which don't exist in the dinosaur images that were copied, that I can't imagine whoever made the colouring pictures isn't aware of how different their "dinosaurs" are from the images they copied.  The simple nature of some of the errors and the factor that a few of these dino colouring pictures aren't too bad, makes me think the errors aren't due to lack of drawing ability, and that the errors aren't unintended.  Taking into account what I've said so far in this post, I think saying it as it is for these colouring pictures is fair, and I doubt whoever made them would be upset by it.

----

I had a look at their dinosaurs section again, and I think there's some new additions.  Some that stood out to me, with the colouring picture first, followed by the image they appear to have copied:

Sinornithoides.  It appears making the fingers and toes bilaterally symmetrical wasn't important to whoever made the colouring picture.

Guanlong.  Hilarious!  What's going on with the neck? :))

Gorgosaurus!  It appears to be based on an image of the Walking with Dinosaurs movie Gorgosaurus, amazingly.  I think this is one of the dinosaur colouring pictures I find the funniest.  It has three fingers, it appears to have only one forelimb, and it has a small, almost duck-like head.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.