You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Spinosaurus1 custom figures ( diplo, allo, and rex wip)

Started by spinosaurus1, December 22, 2017, 02:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

the tyrannosaurus tail is now bulked up and completely textured. i also went ahead and reposed the legs to get them in a more walking stance.

Katieraptor

So how do you get that great level of detail anyway?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

spinosaurus1

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 04, 2018, 02:02:34 AM

i start off by, scoring in the wrinkles to the epoxy, i then use two different sized texture tamps to apply the scale texture, i first stamp in the larger scales before going over it with smaller scales. i then go back and redefine the previous wrinkles i added before.

Katieraptor

Cool! It looks super good, so congrats. I can't wait to see more progress on the Allo especially!
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

empire3569

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on February 04, 2018, 02:16:02 AM
Quote from: Katieraptor on February 04, 2018, 02:02:34 AM

i start off by, scoring in the wrinkles to the epoxy, i then use two different sized texture tamps to apply the scale texture, i first stamp in the larger scales before going over it with smaller scales. i then go back and redefine the previous wrinkles i added before.

Would you mind posting some pics of your custom skin texture stamps? I'd like to try out some custom work, and your textures are really good!

spinosaurus1

QuoteWould you mind posting some pics of your custom skin texture stamps? I'd like to try out some custom work, and your textures are really good!
sure thing. these are the main tools i used for the tyrannosaurus sculpt

made some more progress on the tyrannosaurus. getting pretty excited at this point. it's really starting to come together. now one of his legs actually looks like they belong to a multi- ton Goliath predator :)

and heres the allosaurus as of now.  going to make more progress on this figure soon

Jose S.M.

I really like how they are looking now, I can't wait to see them finished.

Katieraptor

Can't wait to see that Allo finished. Are you planning on repainting it?

My Art

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.