News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toys for children suggestions

Started by Ceratosaurus, May 27, 2018, 12:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceratosaurus

I'm looking for suggestions. My children have a few dinosaur toys but I'd like to get them more.
What I'm lookin for is:
-a decent number of toys (10+)
-not overly expensive
-a fairly large selection of different dinosaurs
-I'd like them to be of decent size
Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanx
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Cretaceous Crab

Right off the bat, I would suggest just checking online classifieds as well as local ones, like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. There's always someone emptying their older kid's toy box, and selling large lots of dinos for a relatively cheap price. Granted, most are going to consist of "cheapasaurs" (the very inaccurate Dollar Store & Walmart quality, aka bucket o' dinos). But occasionally, you find a Safari LTD figure or an older Jurassic Park figure in the mix.

I would also base it around the age and interest level of the child(s). If the kid is a very avid dino-nut (likes to rent the documentaries from the library, memorizing names, can tell you the different between a Deinonychus & a Velociraptor, etc), then may spring for the better quality dinos, like Safari LTD or Terra/Battat. If not, then maybe stick to the cheapasaurs.

IrritatorRaji

Go on Ebay and just search "dinosaur lot" or "dinosaur bundle", you'll often find people selling decently sized quantities of dinosaur toys. This is a bundle I bought off of Ebay recently.

Ceratosaurus

Thanx for the suggestions. I have an almost 4 year old daughter who loves dinosaurs and can identify 25+ dinosaurs right now. My son is just getting into them. For them it's more about getting to know as many as possible. Quality and accuracy aren't really all that important. I'll keep my eyes open online.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Loon

THRIFT SHOPS. I can't begin to explain how much joy I got over the years from a $4 bag full of dinosaurs my papa bought me from the local Mennonite Church thrift store. Dinosaur toys are like the most common thing up there with cars in thrift shop toy sections.

Shonisaurus

On ebay there are very good offers of sales of toy dinosaurs. Many of them sell them in batches. I suggest you look for them there.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.