You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is or was your first Dinosaur toy?

Started by Tylosaurus, March 06, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2018, 11:15:34 PM
I had a tub of monochromes from Toys R Us that were probably Marx knockoffs, although I could swear one of them was a Chasmosaurus. Can't be sure, they must have disappeared decades ago.

I wonder if you're talking about the ROM Chasmosaurus?

EmmaLVV

My first that I can remember was an Invicta Triceratops from the London National History Museum. My mum let me buy one whenever we went, so I can a few others over the years!

DinoToyForum

My first dinosaurs were Marx Knock-offs, just like the ones Lanthanotus showed. I don't have mine any more, they're probably lost in the garden of my parents' old house. Those Marx knock-offs clearly got around and inspired a lot of future collectors. Other early dinosaur toys I remember are the Invicta Iguanodon and Megalosaurus, and some 'Patchisaurs'.

Neosodon

The green Carnegie Apatosaurus was probably my first figure. Either that or the brown stegosaurus.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

BlueKrono

My life has always been populated with dinosaur toys, but my first was a red pteranodon stuffed animal that my parents bought me before I was born!

I like this thread - just goes to show that kids don't necessarily have to have anatomically correct figures for play. Many of our most prominent DTF members cut their teeth on silly dollar store figs, but that doesn't mean such kids won't eventually find their way to Battats and Play Visions.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on June 06, 2018, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2018, 11:15:34 PM
I had a tub of monochromes from Toys R Us that were probably Marx knockoffs, although I could swear one of them was a Chasmosaurus. Can't be sure, they must have disappeared decades ago.

I wonder if you're talking about the ROM Chasmosaurus?

Certainly possible, although again probably a knockoff. I don't have a strong enough mental image of the one I had to be sure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.