News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Dinocave

Started by Bombyx, July 04, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Ah yes, I remember you were looking for that amazing diorama. Thanks for the link. I shall keep an eye on him for new work.

Bombyx

Hello! I have a new adding in my collection. This is the last missing model I had in the swimming dinosaurs range from Prey Collection Studio: the 1/56th Kronosaurus!
I really like this range, and Alexander Below, the sculptor, is nice enough to let me choose the color scheme for each model.
This time I tried something new in my photos: I added the models in the middle of some of my fossils collection.

I hope you'll like it!

Nimravus

Wow the quality of your collection is sublime! Your figurines are absolutely fine pieces of art, sculptures!
Congrats

Halichoeres

That's a beauty! So you bought it pre-painted?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bombyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 12, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
That's a beauty! So you bought it pre-painted?

In fact I contacted the sculptor on facebook, Alexander Belov. I bought them as resin kit, sent to him the color scheme and then he make them apint for me by his painter partner.

Bombyx

Actually I am recovering after a small surgery, so I am not at the office where I have all my collection (my wife don't want that I keep it at home...). And almost every day there are new arrivals!
Here are the nex dino statues I received:

1/20th Mamenchisaurus (on the right side) by Dino-soar Studio. I have a serious doubt on the scale as this one is 78cm.

Yuangchuanosaurus resin kit by Dino-soar Studio. Now I have to find someone who is able to paint it for me.

1/20th Malawisaurus resin kit by Dino-soar Studio. Same thing than for Yuangchuanosaurus, I have to find a painter.

1/5th Tyrannosaurus bust by Chronicle Collectibles. I asked to Shane Foulkes to repaint it and to change its eyes with glass ones. He already did it for another collector and I felt in love of this repaint job.

And finaly some 1/18th action figure from Beasts of the Mesozoic line:

Bombyx

New arrival yesterday! This si the Utahraptor by Cen Dao Yi. Unfortunatly it arrived ith two broken fingers. I have to repair them and to glue them. No a huge issue.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate avatar_Bombyx @Bombyx you on your new acquisitions. They all look great especially the utahraptor is a gorgeus figure. I hope you can repair it shortly.

Bokisaurus

Very impressive collection!

Bombyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 15, 2018, 08:22:04 PM
I congratulate avatar_Bombyx @Bombyx you on your new acquisitions. They all look great especially the utahraptor is a gorgeus figure. I hope you can repair it shortly.

Thank you! Yes I will repair it today easily I think? Then I will be able to make better photos.

Bombyx

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 15, 2018, 08:24:50 PM
Very impressive collection!

Thank you! It is growing fastly since I dicovered all these amazing paleoartist around the world. Before I thought only Sideshow were producing nice dinosaurs. But when you start to search, you discover more and more talented arsits.

Bombyx

Hello everybody!
I received this 1/20th Carnotaurus bust (sculpted by Alexander Belov) as a gift from Prey Collection Studio because I am a good customer. It was smart smart because I am now obliged to collect them all ^^.
I think there are around 7 or 8 different busts in 1/20th.
The model has a magnet on its back but as I found an elegant display, I choose to not use the magnet and assemble them together. Here is the result. I will also a small copper plate on the front with the name on it.
What do you think about this idea?

Shonisaurus

How nice and cool is that bust of carnotaurus.

It is preferable your option to assemble and put a plate with the name of the dinosaur. Honestly it is less aesthetic to have a dinosaur bust attached to a magnet. I share your idea.

ceratopsian

I think your black plinth is perfect and exactly in proportion to the attractive bust.

Mackeral

The bust really comes alive, mounted like this.
Beside a great taste for models, you also give attention to classy display's. Looking forward to your next updates, i will update my collection thread soon too.

Bombyx

Hello guys! New resin kit has arrived at the office yesterday. This is a small one but I really like flying reptil. It is a small Taperaja:

And here is a photo of the assembled model (the picture is not mine but from the seller):

Now I just have to find a painter for this small model. The previous resin kits I received  these last weeks will be paint by Shane Foulkes. But for this one I don't know.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bombyx @Bombyx The tapejara looks great I congratulate you on your new acquisition. By the way, the resin parts of the tapejara are made with 3 D printer?

Bombyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2018, 04:25:06 PM
avatar_Bombyx @Bombyx The tapejara looks great I congratulate you on your new acquisition. By the way, the resin parts of the tapejara are made with 3 D printer?

Thank you Shonisaurus! I don't think that this is made by a 3D printer. I will check tomorrow.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.