News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland Coming to an End?

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, March 13, 2019, 02:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

According to sources cited on STS it appears Bullyland has gone bankrupt and will be closing up shop.

You can read the discussion here.

And an article here.

Given how prevalent Bullyland is in our collections, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. Unfortunately for those of us in the states Bullyland has not had a distributor here so selections have been limited, but I still managed to accumulate a number of figures from them in that time. I suppose their new releases have fallen short in the past few years, with their last good year having been 2014. Their older models are definitely worth checking out, though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ItsTwentyBelow

Unfortunate news, but it has seemed inevitable. It's been a while since Bullyland had a good release year. They used to be as common as Safari/Carnegie at museums and other specialty shops in the US during the 1990s and early 2000s.

Honorable mention for their Triassic animals. Some of those figures, like Mastodonsaurus and Paratypothorax, are unparalleled. Happy to have acquired some real Bullyland gems including those over the years. They are all truly collector pieces now.

Paleodude

I would be lying if I said I didn't see this happening sooner or later. As far as I can tell Bullyland hasn't produced new figures for a while now and although dinosaurs certainly aren't everything as Safari and Papo show, the complete lack of a Prehistoric Line was missed market potential. The Chalicotherium/ Claw Beast was one of the first models I paid for all by myself as a kid and I still have it on display today. I'd be on the lookout for marked up or scalped prices on eBay if anyone is looking for new figures, this kind of closing usually bumps up the price a pretty penny.

terrorchicken

oh too bad. They've had some good prehistoric and extant animal figures and I like their Disney figures.  I need to hurry and finish getting some of their figures I still haven't had the chance to pick up.

Gwangi

That's unfortunate, I counted Bullyland among my favorite companies based solely on their obscure taxa but I haven't been interested in their offerings for awhile now. 

Bokisaurus

Sad and unfortunate, it was one of the pioneers.

Shonisaurus

Like everything in life, everything has a beginning and an end and is not an exception of the Bullyland brand, I am very sorry that we have lost a large company and fortunately I will keep on my shelves the extraordinary collection of this legendary company and endearing, whose figures were of first quality and they delighted me during the 90s and the beginning of the 21st century.

PhilSauria

Yeah, set your watches and start the countdown; now that this company is no longer producing the online re-sellers will be upping the prices with 'super rare' or some other (expletive) selling pitch to 'justify' their outrageous asking prices.

Some things are so predictable.

Roselaar

Very sad to hear it but I kinda expected it. A real loss, but at least we can fondly remember the many wonderful figures they have given us over the years.

postsaurischian

For me there is no reason for mourning.
Bullyland hasn't produced anything good for years. I have contacted their management a few years ago (a friend of mine worked with them) an they were totally resistant to advice. From my point of view the company already died long ago.

Halichoeres

As Pachyrhinosaurus said, their last good year was 2014. They've been a dead company walking since then, under new ownership that only saw value in licensed products. It's still sad to see the finality of it; I had held out an irrational hope that they might return to their former glory.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Maybe one day some new company reissues the molds of the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Bullyland. I think it's almost impossible for that to happen, but as I say, daydreaming is free.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.