News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mothers Day (dino edition)

Started by Sarapaurolophus, May 10, 2020, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

This post is supposed to be lighthearted and all in good fun ;)

It's Mothers Day in a whole bunch of nations today! Let's honor the ultimate dino mom:

Mrs. Apathosaurus, a widow, raising her only son in a mini herd consisting of her and her parents. Died as a badass hero when fighting off a dangerous "Sharptooth" during an earthquake. Spiritual guide and ten times better than any dead parents Disney has to offer :P

More great dino moms:

-Frances "Fran" Sinclair: typical Honeymooners style Allosaurus housewife, mother of three, always ready to bite off her husband's head and bring order.

-Queen Rex: Symbol of JP/JW. Fought off viscious kidnappers together with her husband (more on him during Father's Day), who got left behind when her husband ultimately got kidnapped together with her son. Later propably avenged her dead son when she killed his murderess (Ms. Spino, RIP) because we know she handles all the other dinos. Allegedly ages like a Galapagos tortoise and will therefore stick around until the JW franchise is dead.

-Maiasaura (all of them): Their name literally means "good mother lizard"s. Therefore they must have been good mothers. Known to be colony breeders and taking care of their young until they were ready to leave the nest.

Happy Mothers Day!

Shonisaurus

Another good mother is Disney's WWD3D pachyrhinosaurus, but in a way bad is the brother of the protagonist of the film until he realizes that he is the winner of the evil gorgosaurus and comes to his family by breaking his teeth.

That pachyrhinosaurus is a good son and a good brother although before his brother rejected him and made fun of him. It is also the day of the good children and an example is the pachyrhinosaurus protagonist of Disney's WWD3D.

Gwangi

I hate that I know this but "Mrs. Apathosaurus" is not a widow. Littlefoot's dad shows up in a sequel. My daughter likes these movies but aside from the original they really are all terrible. With so many of them you would think that one might be good accidentally but that's not the case.

Sarapaurolophus

I have heard of that but besides the first sequel that I watched as a kid I haven't given the other sequels the time of day. They are so far removed from the original tone- and contentwise, I simply ignore them and look at the original as a stand-alone like any angry nerd would do ;D

CityRaptor

Also, Rexy and the female Rex in TLW are two different individuals.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2020, 03:55:44 PM
Disney's WWD3D.

Not a Disney movie, despite  involving David Krentz and bad executive meddling. ( Krentz  is really unlucky when it comes to that. )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 10, 2020, 08:18:34 PM

Disney's WWD3D.

Not a Disney movie, despite  involving David Krentz and bad executive meddling. ( Krentz  is really unlucky when it comes to that. )

Well actuallyyyyy, as per JP canon all Rexes are terrific parents, so what :P

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on May 10, 2020, 07:19:38 PM

I have heard of that but besides the first sequel that I watched as a kid I haven't given the other sequels the time of day. They are so far removed from the original tone- and contentwise, I simply ignore them and look at the original as a stand-alone like any angry nerd would do ;D

Stay away from them, all of of them. They're fine for really young children but that's about it. Up until I was a parent I tried to avoid them but then my mother-in-law bought the box set for my kid and now I've seen them all. Precious hours I'll never get back.

Takama

Some may hate me for this, but i actually loved the second land before time more then the original due to nastalgia, even with all of the songs some may find annoying.

Im sure the sereis just gets worse as it goes on and on, and i only stopped watching them at whatever number "The big Freeze was"

I cant Beleive there is over 14 of those darn films and those Dinosaurs havent aged a bit

Takama

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 10, 2020, 08:18:34 PM

Disney's WWD3D.

Watch Dinotasia then.

it may Recycle Skits from dinosaur Revolution, But at least its somthing close to what we dinosaur fans want that those Dumb*** Executives think we dont. and it was directed By David Krentz

Oh   Since its Mothers Day

Tinkerbell
The mother T.rex from Dinotasia on the right

indohyus

Should add all the oviraptorids on nests. What's worse, they were accused of being thieves!