News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pilkington's Customs *Updated 8/7/2019*

Started by Pilkington, February 09, 2014, 01:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Arul

Mamasaurus

Absolutely stunning customs. My favorites are the sleeping Rex and rearing apatosaurus. Beautiful!  ;D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Jose S.M.

The Tyrannosaurus, Apatosaurus and Kaprosuchus are amazing!  And all the paint jobs are great. 

Pilkington

I've been giving this year's diorama contest some thought and realized I haven't updated this thread with the dioramas from the last couple of years.  So here we go:

Juvenile Triceratops from the Pegasus Hobbies Tyrannosaurus Kit from 2016:

Carnegie Dilong from 2017:

This next part is going to be a bit long so I apologize in advance.

A little history about my diorama contest entries is that almost all of them have some sort of meaning to me, most have something to do with my pets.  For example the sleeping Rex was based off of my cat, Ella, who actually sleeps in that position and the drinking Dilong with water dripping from his mouth is for my other cat, Casey, who drinks by submerging his chin in the water leaving his chin soaking wet.  Some of the others have titles that have some significance to me, whether it's a quote or a song lyric.  So your probably sitting there wondering why I'm rambling on about this now and it's simple the diorama from last year means a lot.

I put this figure off until about 3 days before the deadline because I couldn't bring myself to sit down and actually start it.  I ended up doing about 90% of the sculpting the night before and painted it the morning of the diorama deadline.  The reason I had such a hard time with this is because in January 2018 my dog passed away unexpectedly, she was only 6 years old.  Her name was Hazel, although no one called her that, everyone had a different nickname for her.  During one of many sleepless nights I started to read Boki's Prehistoric Toy Collection thread where I came across his post about the Sega line and his search for the Pawpawsaurus figure.  Paw Paw was one of the nicknames I had for my dog so I knew instantly that this was the dinosaur for my entry to the diorama contest.

I used the Wild Safari Sauropelta as a base and tried to make a Pawpawsaurus out of it.  I kept on going back and forth with how to do the armor and actually did have a plan but then winged it when sculpting.  Is it accurate?  No, probably not but I'm happy enough with how it turned out.  When I showed the finished diorama picture to a friend of mine her first comment was how sad the dinosaur looked which wasn't what I was going for but did seem oddly appropriate.

Wild Safari Sauropelta turned Pawpawsaurus from 2018:

If you wanna be alone, come with me

Jose S.M.

Your customs are great! I honestly didn't recognized the Dilong at first.

Halichoeres

Those are beautiful customs! Thanks also for sharing the stories behind them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Your customs are excellent. I like the detail especially of the creeper running up and round the tree, and the great variety of plants round the Dilong's watering place.

Stegotyranno420

I like them all, but my favorite was the Carnegie giganotosaurus. If you still have it, can i see it from more angles.