News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any good Scutosaurus models that aren't ungodly expensive?

Started by GojiraGuy1954, March 08, 2020, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I might get the Safari one but it's discontinued so i'll cost quite a lot
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

If you don't count resin kits, then yeah the discontinued Safari ltd Scutosaurus is the best one out there.
Your next best option is the upcoming Mattel Jurassic world one. Which to me honestly isn't too bad. The head is too big, and the facial spikes are a bit stylised, but still better than the mini one that came in a pack with a few other paleozoic and/or triassic fauna (required assembly).

Faelrin

I would second either the upcoming Mattel one or if you can get a hold of it, Safari LTD's (which displays nice with their Inostrancevia despite not being in the same scale unless as a juvenile I guess. I'm not sure how much trouble there would be with COG Ltd's Dino Horizons one, and Kenner's can go for a lot on its own due to its rarity, unless you can get lucky finding it in a cheap lot (which I saw recently but no idea if the listing is still there).

Hopefully CollectA can some day make one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

The Safari Scutosaurus and Inostrancevia aren't quite to scale, but to my eye they're close enough, about 1:30 for the former and about 1:25 for the latter. That puts them in the range of plausible individual variation. But both discontinued and maybe a little hard to find (the Scutosaurus was only in production for a few years). I agree with people above that the upcoming Mattel version isn't too bad.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

You could try to find the Starlux scutosaurus...but it has the potential to be expensive.

Or, if you can find it, the Prehistoric Panorama Scutosaurus probably wouldn't cost much. It is smaller, and not as nice as the Safari, but it's another possibility.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.