You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Battat reisussue would you have "sacrificed"?

Started by Leyster, April 04, 2020, 04:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

We know that Target reissued only eight of the eighteen models in the original Battat series. So, imagining to be the one deciding what species were among these eight, wich ones whould you have chosen?

I would have gladly (some more than others) excanged the Stegosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Amargasaurus, Euoplocephalus and Tyrannosaurus for the Maiasaura, Ouranosaurus, Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Pachycephalosaurus, Edmontonia and Diplodocus. The reason is that either the not reissued are among the best models of a certain species, or that deispite their inaccuracies there is still no nicer ones, while of the "sacrificed" better versions exist or they aren't so great anyway. Of course I cannot change things, it's just a little game.

What do you think?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Shonisaurus

I would have sacrificed the amargasaurus and euplocephalus for the diplodocus and the triceratops are two dinosaurs that are highly valued, the amargasaurus and euplocephalus are always easy to find in eBay stores at acceptable prices.

I also wish that the unpublished and posthumous novelties of Dan LoRusso had been published. The Europasaurus, Gigantoraptor and Pentaceratops I wish they had been marketed. Although this belongs to another thread.

I would have sacrificed parasaurolophus for edmontonia is one of the best edmontonia made by a brand of toy dinosaurs.

John

I would have instead sacrificed the Jurassic Park toy line inspired articulated action figure versions of the Battat dinosaurs with light up eyes and roaring noises in favor of the rest of the unreleased line,including the new sculpts that never saw the light of day.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jose S.M.

I think I would have sacrificed Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Stegosaurus for Diplodocus, Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura. I really don't know why current companies haven't made an Ouranosaurus! It's attractive and with a nice paint job can be an eye catching piece. Maiasaura I would like a new figure but I understand why companies can considered plain, even though collecta has released animals like Mantellisaurus and Fukuisaurus that are kind of plain. But yeah the reissued of Ourano and Maia would have place them as the best of their kind for me.

CarnotaurusKing

The Acrocanthosaurus, Carnotaurus, Amargasaurus, Stegosaurus, and Ceratosaurus, for the Edmontonia, Diplodocus, Maiasaura, Ouranosaurus, and Styracosaurus.

Not only are there already superior versions of those first five models in the market (both in terms of aesthetics and accuracy), but those last few models are essentially the definitive versions of those animals.

EmperorDinobot

I think that we will eventually see them, probably next year. Probably never. Toy business is risky, and these are really not the best times.

I miss Dan though, we had some cool convos on messenger. I'd love to hear Dan's input. I think he would have loved to see them all out, as well as the new sculpts. Here's hoping!

Gwangi

Honestly I would probably sacrifice them all just for the Diplodocus. But I'm gonna do it this way...

Swap Amargasaurus for Diplodocus
Swap Ceratosaurus for Maiasaura
Swap Euplocephalus for Ouranosaurus
Swap Acrocanthosaurus for Styracosaurus
Swap Stegosaurus for Triceratops
I'm keeping the Carnotaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Alternatively, swap all the re-releases for the unreleased figures, I could do that too.

MLMjp

Quote from: John on April 04, 2020, 04:54:38 PM
I would have instead sacrificed the Jurassic Park toy line inspired articulated action figure versions of the Battat dinosaurs with light up eyes and roaring noises in favor of the rest of the unreleased line,including the new sculpts that never saw the light of day.
This.

But also I would sacrifice the Stegosaurus and the Ceratosaurus for the Edmontonia and the Ouranosaurus.

Takama

ABSOLUTLY this

Though i will say this.  I own the Carnotarus, and its not as bad a toy as they look in the photos.    Its just ruined by light up eyes.

stargatedalek

I would swap all of them for that Gigantoraptor.

Loon

I think the original Euoplocephalus and Amargasaurus are common enough and usually affordable enough; I would have preferred Maiasaura and Ouranosaurus to them. I think I'd trade the Acrocanthosaurus and Stegosaurus for some of the unreleased Europasaurus and Gigantoraptor.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on April 04, 2020, 07:05:29 PM
Honestly I would probably sacrifice them all just for the Diplodocus. But I'm gonna do it this way...

Swap Amargasaurus for Diplodocus
Swap Ceratosaurus for Maiasaura
Swap Euplocephalus for Ouranosaurus
Swap Acrocanthosaurus for Styracosaurus
Swap Stegosaurus for Triceratops
I'm keeping the Carnotaurus and Tyrannosaurus.

Alternatively, swap all the re-releases for the unreleased figures, I could do that too.
Pretty close to what I would do except I would swap the Carno for the gallimimus😃

John

Quote from: Takama on April 04, 2020, 08:13:07 PM

ABSOLUTLY this

Though i will say this.  I own the Carnotarus, and its not as bad a toy as they look in the photos.    Its just ruined by light up eyes.
It's always nice to find that something is much better looking in person than in promo pictures. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

Wouldn't have made a lick of sense to swap out the T. rex, but I'd have much preferred Europasaurus, Gastonia, Gigantoraptor, and Pentaceratops to Acrocanthosaurus, Carnotaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Stegosaurus. CollectA and Safari already gave us superb Nasutoceratops toys, so I wouldn't have cared about the Battat version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I would have liked it if they had reissued the Styracosaurus, Triceratops, Ouranosaurus and Maiasaura. I don't care for the Stegosaurus and Euoplocephalus for example. And I would also have loved it if they had released that Pentaceratops

ItsTwentyBelow

Man, I coveted that Pentaceratops after Dan shared the finished prototype with us here. So dang good. That was the main blow for me, the realization that all of it was quickly headed back into the vault before that figure was released.

Maybe one day.

For what was released, I'd have swapped the Stegosaurus for the opportunity to get the Triceratops instead.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.