News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen"

Started by mgaguilar, September 16, 2018, 04:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxngn

Anyone have leaning issue with killer queen? I tried to use hot/cold fix doesn't seems to help much. As over the time it still fell down on the left.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Foxngn on June 21, 2019, 08:44:08 AM
Anyone have leaning issue with killer queen? I tried to use hot/cold fix doesn't seems to help much. As over the time it still fell down on the left.

F @Foxngn Welcome to the forum. On the other hand in my case my tyrannosaurus of Rebor "Killer Queen" it happens to him as to your tyrannosaurus with the heat neither of the two versions of Rebor can be kept standing it can be due to the action of the heat. Before they were perfectly standing. It may be that with the heat the plastic of these figures has been dilated and that is why it has stability problems.

Foxngn

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 21, 2019, 09:03:07 AM

Welcome to the forum. On the other hand in my case my tyrannosaurus of Rebor "Killer Queen" it happens to him as to your tyrannosaurus with the heat neither of the two versions of Rebor can be kept standing it can be due to the action of the heat. Before they were perfectly standing. It may be that with the heat the plastic of these figures has been dilated and that is why it has stability problems.

Ya. It quite sad. As such, I guess my only option now is to do a small diorama to let it stand on it with a few tweak around the leg.

Andanna

Same experience here. All of a sudden, she does not stand without support.

Icewolf

I made an account only to post about this issue.

I'm "glad" to see that I'm not the only one with this leaning issue. Suddenly one day, I noticed that my Killer Queen had tipped over. Anxious as I am, I put the figure way back into the shelf so it would lean towards the wall and then moved on. I really hate the thought of my figures falling over and scraping off paint etc. One day when I was dusting off the shelf I picked up the Killer Queen and put her back down only to notice that she wouldn't stand on her on anymore. I tried the hairdryer trick, but it didn't seem to work.

Now I'm super bummed out and put her back into her box as for now. I really don't know what to do about this issue and I don't feel like buying anymore Rebor figures from now on, since they all seem to have problem with warping legs, instability etc. I bought mine in May.

stargatedalek

Hot water may work better than a hair dryer, since you're trying to return it to its original position which hot water does very well.

Uncle Rex

I've got leaning problems with some of my theropods. I've never tried the hot water treatment. How hot should the water be? I assume that just the hind legs are placed in the water? For how long? Has anyone posted a video showing how it's done?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Uncle Rex on June 24, 2019, 02:38:55 AM
I've got leaning problems with some of my theropods. I've never tried the hot water treatment. How hot should the water be? I assume that just the hind legs are placed in the water? For how long? Has anyone posted a video showing how it's done?

Here is a video of the hair dryer technique (for the Ceratosaurus) by Everything Dinosaur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZ34x1f63w

stargatedalek

Quote from: Uncle Rex on June 24, 2019, 02:38:55 AM
Boiling water will give best results, but in theory you can use any temperature just expect less dramatic results. I typically put a mug of water in the microwave for a few minutes and then take it out and let the figure sit in it, ceramic wont melt plastic on touch (*a metal pot or kettle will, so you'd need to hold it in the water). Lift it out every thirty seconds to a minute and just feel how soft the plastic is, once it's "jiggly" you're good, place it gently into a container of cold water making sure not to hold it in a way that you bend it.

This will generally return plastic to its original shape. Sometimes you will need multiple attempts, and on rare occasion (or if it was bent for a long period of time) you may need to bend it into the position you need by hand and then dip it into the cold water. This can also be used to repose figures for customization.

* And it will happen fast. Even just dropping it and letting it touch the bottom of a pot for a few seconds can do serious damage.

Foxngn

I don't bother to do any treatment anymore. Here I present to you my diorama for the rex

Shonisaurus

I do not understand what happens to tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen" by Rebor now it turns out that it is kept correctly standing on both legs, in a thread of its own I mentioned that it did not stand up but now surprisingly it remains correctly standing up it can be the summer heat or the change in temperatures.

mgaguilar

Just got my Killer Queen in today! Unfortunately the eye's paint color (gold) bled a bit off of the eye and on to the surrounding scales.
This is what I was afraid of. Andy's Dinosaur Reviews also got the same issue on his Jungle variant. I just wish they would take more care with the eye paint since we are paying a decent amount for the figure.

Lizardbreath

Like others have mentioned, I too have issues with my Plain Variant Killer Queen toppling over. Did the hairdryer/hot water trick a couple of times but after a few days the problem would arise again. Must be the hot Japanese summer.

I spoke to a Rebor rep, who told me that they're working on a diorama base called Hunter's Moon, that's designed to work with Killer Queen and some of their other theropods.
Very exciting news!

My figure's paint did get scuffed a bit from tumbling over and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good paint match for the dark brown.

Lu_Yuping

After reading all these comments about the toppling, I decided not to purchase Killer Queen.

Over9K

I love my Killer Queen, though for sure it is not a perfect figure. Mine also has the slight lean issue, which I solved using  small chip of shale I had laying around in my diorama materials. I also use BluTac mounting putty to do the same thing with several other figures in my collection, as this is a common problem, not limited to Rebor products. It happens to Papo, Safari, even Eofauna and X-Plus.

The Killer Queen now stands solid and stable in my collection. It really is a fantastic figure at the price point, given the features and the detail.

But, if the Rebor Killer Queen is not for you, but you still want a Jurassic Park-inspired Rexy for your collection, have a look at Nanmu's upcoming Tyrannosaur. It's a bit more expensive, $75-ish shipped to the US from BBTS, but it's going to be a very, very nice figure if the photographs are any indication...

Over9K

::)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.