News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What's The Deal With Rebor?

Started by IrritatorRaji, December 04, 2017, 08:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Personally, I tend to regard the actual products over the antics of the individuals involved.  Unfortunately, I don't think too much of many of their products.  I own a few, but only because they were the only ones that interested me, ie. Utahraptor, Velociraptor hatchlings, JP Velociraptor, Deinonychus trio, and Acrocanthosaurus.  The other stuff hasn't piqued my interest much.  I'm still waiting for the Saurophaganax that they said they were going to do!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Sincerely and unfortunately they have lacked empathy and humility before members of the forum that criticized them and even disrespected Doug member of the forum.

I know they were thrown out of the forum and then they came back in better ways and became angry at the criticism that members of the forum made of them.

It's a shame they have that mentality. Their dinosaurs even with all the scientific inaccuracies I like and in fact I have bought all figures including Jolly triceratops in limited resin version and I would like them to follow the forum as long as they were more mature. It is more always positive that a sculptor, paleoartist or member of all toy dinosaur companies was present in the forum dinotoyblog would enrich the forum a lot.

We have great Doug Watson sculptor of Safari that stands out for his empathy. I would not dislike that they were in the forum is the other way around, I would like members of toy dinosaur companies like Collecta, Papo, Schleich and for me to cheat on Rebor but I do like people who have adult behavior and do not miss Respect for people or put up with people like Facebook too young as happens with Rebor and I say this with all the affection of the world.

It is a company whose figures regardless of the criticism that I have on the part of the forum I like and could be more successful and followers as already pointed out if they had a bit of human maturity accepting their mistakes or assuming criticism (regardless that I do not share much the philosophy of making figures with members articulated in excess and without permanent bases something that I respect since there are many members of the forum that support it).

Syndicate Bias

Not to get this thing to be revived much longer but being on this forum for almost a year now i have seen many members here act just like children when talking about bootlegs as an example as well as Innacurate figures and so on and many times have i seen the childish behaviour of bashing other members for liking Rebor and so on. Same on FB there's just no longer normal people disliking Rebor for what they are currently which may i say they have improved alot to criticism. But people left and right just hate Rebor to hate on them. Let me tell you guys this, is it right to bash a company for what maybe one or of its employees did? No? It's immature and makes you no better than them. I am a petty person and wouldn't care for the latter but i do care however for the fact that because of the actions of a couple of people, the company. Entirely gets the whole blame for it. Both sides.were wrong from what i see. Neither the forum members or FB members should've acted so immature about the obviously flawed Yuty, like it was said some people took it too far and many did. Rebor was wrong to act childish on it but so were the people that bashed them. Both sides could not take what they dished out and it just created a vicious cycle. I'm not a fan of all of Rebor either but i think people should sit down and think twice before posting, the whole internet has made everyone act like the person on the other screen isn't a human being and doesn't deserve the respect you give outside of the internet. That's all I'm saying. Rebor hasn't done anything bad lately so i think its best to leave it at that, continuing to harass them won't change things.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 05, 2017, 02:01:26 AM
Personally, I tend to regard the actual products over the antics of the individuals involved.  Unfortunately, I don't think too much of many of their products.  I own a few, but only because they were the only ones that interested me, ie. Utahraptor, Velociraptor hatchlings, JP Velociraptor, Deinonychus trio, and Acrocanthosaurus.  The other stuff hasn't piqued my interest much.  I'm still waiting for the Saurophaganax that they said they were going to do!

Saurophaganax? WHERE?!?!?

JimoAi

I really hope they get better staff and fire the current ones. I was the one who got attacked in 2016 with the post that I called them out.

Reuben03

i know nothing about their history on here lol
all i know is that i'm more of an action figure guy then a stationary model guy but i can get down with something nice to have on display.

but since when did we need more JP inspired and inaccurate models?

like oh boy! you made some expensive jp looking raptors to stick on the shelf?
you made that dumb crocodilian theropod thing from king kong?
who cares LOL

that's all anyone ever makes, especially as an action figure fan its all just JP lookin stuff.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Takama on December 04, 2017, 08:56:04 PM
Once apon a Time,  Rebor was a member of this forum. and they acted like babys when there products were criticized.

Not to mention sicking there fans on the blog to down vote models that got better star rateings then they did.

Here is the proof of that

I mean, 2/3 of the other Ceratos in that pic are really ugly lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 25, 2018, 07:37:08 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 05, 2017, 02:01:26 AM

Saurophaganax? WHERE?!?!?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

andrewsaurus rex

If Rebor doesn't like all the criticism, why don't the  just make more accurate figures?  It's not THAT hard.

I have only one Rebor figure, the Grab N Go Tyrannosaurus.  It was a very reasonable price and decent quality, but not a great likeness of Rex, in my opinion.  I bought it to use as a 1/18 Lythronax.   The figure had a somewhat of a lightly built, leggy look to it that I thought was good for Lythronax.  I modified the head a bit, altered the pose a bit and now it's duking it out with my BOTM Diabloceratops.   The only thing I don't like about the  figure is the teeny, tiny arms.  They might be ok for Rex, but I imagine Lythronax as having relatively larger arms.  No evidence one way or the other though..

Reuben03

Quote from: andrewsaurus on March 16, 2021, 04:54:05 PM
If Rebor doesn't like all the criticism, why don't the  just make more accurate figures?  It's not THAT hard.

I have only one Rebor figure, the Grab N Go Tyrannosaurus.  It was a very reasonable price and decent quality, but not a great likeness of Rex, in my opinion.  I bought it to use as a 1/18 Lythronax.   The figure had a somewhat of a lightly built, leggy look to it that I thought was good for Lythronax.  I modified the head a bit, altered the pose a bit and now it's duking it out with my BOTM Diabloceratops.   The only thing I don't like about the  figure is the teeny, tiny arms.  They might be ok for Rex, but I imagine Lythronax as having relatively larger arms.  No evidence one way or the other though..
exactly!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

I thought rebor was just a bunch of talented but frustrated guys, but after seeing this ceratosaurus thing, i feel like half of my respect vanished

Spoiler
Quote from: Reuben03 on March 15, 2021, 06:47:56 PM
that dumb crocodilian theropod thing
Spinosaurids:
[close]
Anyways, i do agree with you. Its more fun and more easier to make accurate dinosaurs, and they always looks much more amazing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 16, 2021, 06:05:29 PM
I thought rebor was just a bunch of talented but frustrated guys, but after seeing this ceratosaurus thing, i feel like half of my respect vanished

Spoiler
Quote from: Reuben03 on March 15, 2021, 06:47:56 PM
that dumb crocodilian theropod thing
Spinosaurids:
[close]
Anyways, i do agree with you. Its more fun and more easier to make accurate dinosaurs, and they always looks much more amazing.

That was from 2017, thankfully they seem to be much better as far as their online presence goes and much more mature.  So I wouldn't put much thought into old posts from years back..sometimes these things are just dredged up.

andrewsaurus rex

it's good to read that Rebor is behaving better now.  I certainly don't want them to disappear from the toy scene...I see much promise in what they are offering.

it's possible that their original outburst was caused by the fact that they were a fledgling company, operating on a shoestring and saw the criticism as something that could ruin them and reacted emotionally, as a result.  It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a start up toy company act that way.

In reality, criticism can be a very positive thing, if one can overlook the impact it has on your ego (which is much easier said than done).  Criticism can help you adjust your course, tweak your game plan and become far more successful than you would have been without the criticism..

Duna

I still haven't buy Rebor, but I first heard about them two years ago and for me they are a reputable company that has grown up in the latest years. I think they have managed the last criticism about their figures nicely.

Dusty Wren

I mean, they were calling people "feather nazis" on their Facebook page in October last year. Dunno if I'd call them mature.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dusty Wren on March 16, 2021, 11:33:48 PM
I mean, they were calling people "feather nazis" on their Facebook page in October last year. Dunno if I'd call them mature.

But not here on this forum.  Can't speak to their Facebook page or who operates it, may be different than who speaks here, but here at least, they have improved.

I don't see the value in bringing this up again though, so i'll lock the topic.  Anyone curious can search up old posts if they so choose. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.