News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wanted African/Asian elephant replica

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, October 10, 2012, 09:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I need an elephant replica for a project I will be starting soon. Imperial is my first choice, but Schleich, Safari, Papo, Collecta all will work for me. I need an adult elephant preferably male, no calf figures. Paint rubs don't matter at all. I have quite a bit to trade, just send me a PM.

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on October 10, 2012, 09:48:59 PM
specific size?

Doesn't matter a whole lot. I do like bigger ones. I know the Imperial one was around 12" long. But really any size would about do. Whatever Safari, Papo, Schleich ect. makes.  I have to mock up a circus wagon/ calliope to go with it ..so 6" would be the smallest I think.

Takama

well I Have acces for a Mojo Elephant, Its not huge

Blade-of-the-Moon

I haven't seen that one before, let me look it up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Okay I did. Is it this one ?

The size is right around 6" which doesn't bother me at all. Not really a mammal expert at all, but it looks a little off proportion wise and it's balancing on it's trunk ?

I don't believe that would do for me to scale up darn it. :/

SBell

I have some Schleich ones, older (grey) and newer (brown). Do you just need the one?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I just need one. I plan to scale it up to almost life size for a scene setter piece for our haunt next year.  Is it Indian, Asian, or African ? male/female ? Would you say the Schleichs are pretty accurate as well ?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 10, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
Yeah I just need one. I plan to scale it up to almost life size for a scene setter piece for our haunt next year.  Is it Indian, Asian, or African ? male/female ? Would you say the Schleichs are pretty accurate as well ?

In general they are well done and quite accurate. I have male & female African, and an Asian as well, I think a female.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on October 11, 2012, 01:14:38 AM

In general they are well done and quite accurate. I have male & female African, and an Asian as well, I think a female.

What would you want for the female African ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

So anyone else have an elephant ?

As an addendum, I would like to find an elephant skeleton replica..or I guess even a mammoth one would work for my needs. Just some cheap plastic one.

brontodocus

While I don't have any to trade, Chris, have you seen Kevin's post?
Quote from: K907 on October 12, 2012, 08:09:29 AM
For those searching for the Vanishing Wild Adult Elephant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-1994-SAFARI-LTD-ELEPHANT-GREAT-SHAPE-RARE-/280990245958?pt=Educational_Toys_US&hash=item416c52e446
If you're still searching for one, this might be interesting, one of the best African Elephant figures. It's quite huge, 194 mm at the shoulder (which makes its scale being anything between 1/12 and 1/20) and approx. 1.4 Kg.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: brontodocus on October 12, 2012, 09:12:36 PM
While I don't have any to trade, Chris, have you seen Kevin's post?
Quote from: K907 on October 12, 2012, 08:09:29 AM
For those searching for the Vanishing Wild Adult Elephant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-1994-SAFARI-LTD-ELEPHANT-GREAT-SHAPE-RARE-/280990245958?pt=Educational_Toys_US&hash=item416c52e446
If you're still searching for one, this might be interesting, one of the best African Elephant figures. It's quite huge, 194 mm at the shoulder (which makes its scale being anything between 1/12 and 1/20) and approx. 1.4 Kg.

Trade or not, thanks for the help. It's all appreciated. :)

Man, that one does look awesome.and I vaguely recall seeing it in a store years back. Shame it's so much though with shipping and all. 18.00 to ship ..wow.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 11, 2012, 02:04:56 AM

Sorry, I haven't been about much--if I recall, I'm asking 10+postage for the elephants. You'd have your choice of a grey or brown one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on October 12, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

Sorry, I haven't been about much--if I recall, I'm asking 10+postage for the elephants. You'd have your choice of a grey or brown one.

No worries bud. I'm watching one on ebay for .99 plus 7.00 for postage. But if you want to trade that might be cheaper for me..just let me know. :)

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 13, 2012, 06:01:57 AM
Quote from: SBell on October 12, 2012, 10:01:18 PM

Do you have a trade thread with a list somewhere?

No worries bud. I'm watching one on ebay for .99 plus 7.00 for postage. But if you want to trade that might be cheaper for me..just let me know. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 14, 2012, 07:37:54 AM
?

Odd. I had a message on there. I thought. It was supposed to ask if you had a trade thread or list somewhere.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on October 14, 2012, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 14, 2012, 07:37:54 AM
?

Odd. I had a message on there. I thought. It was supposed to ask if you had a trade thread or list somewhere.

I scanned through the whole thing looking for one..must have glitched or something.  Yeah I have my sale thread, I'll trade anything on there for a similar valued item.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.