You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recommendation for human figures needed

Started by small guy, December 27, 2022, 09:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

small guy

I have a Bullyland collection of prehistoric men from Dryopithicus to homo sapiens hunter, and was thinking of adding like ancient Egyptian people, Romans greeks, Vikings, medieval people, but I can't seem to find these kinds of figures so I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable could recommend something.

For example, I see that KING & COUNTRY has some really nice ancient Egyptian people but they are less than 6 centimeters high while my neanderthal and homo sapiens are over 10 cm high, so these K&C would be too small (half-size).

Lanthanotus

Papo has an offering of human figures, at least Roman and Medieval ones (click). Also Plastoy had an array of human figures but I think they went off market.

small guy

OK thanks, but I was kind of hoping to find figures that are not soldiers. I mean I have in a local store schleich figures of medieval knights, but I was hoping more like peasants. And K&C has perfect figures but they are too small. I was even thinking of 3D printing if I find some models to print.

But, again, thanks for the help.

dinofelid

Speira.net makes a bunch of unpainted 3D prints of people from different ancient and medieval eras (mostly soldiers but some 'civilians' too), they have different scale options but I think 1:16 scale would work reasonably well with the Bullyland models. I measure the Bullyland Cro-magnon as being about 10.6 cm high (though his knees are slightly bent as he gets ready to throw a spear) and the Neanderthal as about 10.1 cm, so at 1:16 they'd be about 170 cm/5 foot 10 and 162 cm/5 foot 4, both pretty close to the estimated average height from fossils.

Stegotyranno420

D @dinofelid thanks for sharing the link, I am really digging the desings of the Mauryan Elephant and various Aryan(Roman, Celtic, Mauryan, Sassanid) figurines.

Halichoeres

So you want historical, but NOT military, and around 1:10 scale? That's a really hard ask. I think 3d printing is the way to go, because more general miniatures that people use for peacetime dioramas tend to be at a smaller scale. It might be worth poking some of the miniature shops like Berliner. Here's what I got with non-flat figures in around the scale you're looking for: https://www.zinnfigur.com/en/Round-Figures/?makairaFilter%5BNEW%5D=true&makairaFilter%5BGr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%2FMa%C3%9Fstab%5D%5B0%5D=Size+90+mm&makairaFilter%5BGr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%2FMa%C3%9Fstab%5D%5B1%5D=Scale+1%3A10&makairaFilter%5BGr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%2FMa%C3%9Fstab%5D%5B2%5D=Scale+1%3A12&makairaFilter%5BGr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%2FMa%C3%9Fstab%5D%5B3%5D=Size+120+mm
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.