News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lego Collections and acquisitions!

Started by Kayakasaurus, June 20, 2015, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Pertinent to my post from two years ago, I'm so delighted to have moved back to Chicago!

Quote from: Loon on March 30, 2021, 05:50:43 AM
I had a high school English teacher that, for some reason, told us she would go swimming naked in her koi pond every morning.
Seems like an innocuous activity, but definitely a weird thing to share with one's class!

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 12:35:08 PM
What a nice little setup! I never knew we had a thread like this before. Maybe because it had not been used occasionally, once a year, so to speak.
It's easy to miss :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

That Castle Löwenstein is a real beaut, pondered to get one myself back than, but hesitated too long and now I won`t pay what`s asked for.
But I got me another Castle that is at least as good, even (or maybe because) it is not Lego:

MegaConstrux`(Mattel) Castle Grayskull, shown here with Point Dread and the Talon Fighter, Battle Ram and Roton, I sincerely hope for
Snake Mountain and the Fight Zone to be released in the future. Castle Grayskull is such an unusual and fun build (if one is accustomed only
to Lego) and the whole box art, instruction and stuff just next level. Highly recommend if you are one of those childs of the 80`s.

Our attic, not totally completed yet, but the two racks are my assorted bricks, right hand the Technic stuff (not all of it, some models are still
assembled, left side the "usual" bricks, also just a part. Next to Technic I collect StarWars models (from the only trilogy that counts), but most
are assembled but packed away.

MOC of a Mos Taike with my spy character from Star Wars Galaxies/SWG Legends with its Horned Raptor pet.

Libraraptor

A Trandoshan riding a dinosaur,  a good idea indeed.

Halichoeres

I think I was slightly the wrong age for the MOTU craze, but that is an undeniably cool set.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Recently bought this behemoth:

Some of my older knights guard the construction site.

suspsy

I'd love that castle, but I have absolutely nowhere to display it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyCollector

Oh I'd love to get this set. Congrats on this!
I think I will buy it one day in the near future just to... store it in the basement as I have no space left  ::)

EmperorDinobot

It was Bionicle Day yesterday, and I did nothing to celebrate...but  I will this weekend! I have a bunch of Bionicles, complete, mind you,  all mixed up in the garage. They are next to my store's stuff, and I really gotta get them out of there. I know for a fact there is a Skopio V7 in a box, but I gotta wash it and re-build it. So much stuff to do, so little time!

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on August 11, 2022, 03:29:02 AMI'd love that castle, but I have absolutely nowhere to display it!

I had to dismantle multiple other sets to make room for it.

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on August 11, 2022, 09:27:06 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres
Oh I'd love to get this set. Congrats on this!
I think I will buy it one day in the near future just to... store it in the basement as I have no space left  ::)
I've done that with Lego sets, even years later I finally open them up and have great fun building them. I prefer it to missing out and then trying to buy it on the secondary market...

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 11, 2022, 11:37:47 AMIt was Bionicle Day yesterday, and I did nothing to celebrate...but  I will this weekend! I have a bunch of Bionicles, complete, mind you,  all mixed up in the garage. They are next to my store's stuff, and I really gotta get them out of there. I know for a fact there is a Skopio V7 in a box, but I gotta wash it and re-build it. So much stuff to do, so little time!

I had not heard of Bionicle Day before, happy BD to those who celebrate?

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Every 8/10 is Bionicle day haha. I should go downstairs today and build some of the Generation 2 sets I have not opened yet. Maybe that will be part of my self-care routine before group on Monday.

Halichoeres

This was in a marketing email from Lego, and I've rarely felt more attacked:

Middle ages indeed.

Libraraptor

Why do you feel attacked? Don´t you like the set?

CityRaptor

It's because Halichoeres is middle aged or at least close to. So a middle ages based set for middle aged people.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

CityRaptor is correct, I'm just making a joke about my anxiety upon turning 40.

Mellow Stego

Would Cobi Bricks be alright to post as well?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

There's Megaconstrux in this thread, so yeah I think Cobi is in the same boat. Let's see 'em!

Mellow Stego

Well, sorry for such a delayed response. 1y old decided to give my phone a washing in the sink...

Cobi B17
Great build. More pics to come.

Halichoeres

Wow, very sleek! Not an exposed stud to be seen anywhere.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 23, 2024, 01:08:03 PMWow, very sleek! Not an exposed stud to be seen anywhere.
Yeah, Cobi's pretty good about hiding the studs for th finished product.

Speaking of Cobi...
German Halftrack.

And one of my favorite Lego themes to build is Technic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: