You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any other toy lines like Beasts of the Mesozoic on the horizon?

Started by andrewsaurus rex, March 29, 2021, 12:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

while I've been a bit critical of the BOTM ceratopsian series due to the paint schemes they've chosen and a handful of scale issues, I am delighted by this line.  It is a dream come true to have such an abundance of decent quality dinosaur figures in my chosen scale (1/18).  And to now have them following up with a tyrannosaur series plus coming out with some 1/18 versions of smaller dinosaurs (psittacosaurus, protoceratops and some raptors) is even more exciting.

I gather BOTM have been financially successful with their efforts so far and am wondering if there are any other companies with similar toy lines in the works, inspired perhaps by BOTM success.

Halichoeres

I don't know about on the horizon, but there was a pair of articulated figures produced for the Dinosaurs in the Wild show in the UK in 2017. They're probably near enough to 1:18 to work. http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5905.0
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

andrewsaurus rex

thanks for the link......I like the Dakotaraptor, i'm going to try to take a closer look at it.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reuben03

haha yeah i didn't realise how lucky i was tbh, i have both as well as a double of the t rex, and a gorgeous rex plushie!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.