News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Antelopes and the likes!

Started by postsaurischian, April 29, 2012, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 03, 2012, 06:09:21 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 03, 2012, 08:25:11 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 02, 2012, 08:55:30 PM
You two make some of the best antelopes I've seen yet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for an Addax one day ::hint hint::
Thank you!  Ha, it's funny you should say that because it's on my "to make" list.

Oh I'd like to see that list! For some reason, I'm really wanting oryx/antelope figures. And to think, a month ago I had little to no interest in collecting extant figures. I think seeing your figure of the oryx changed that. :D
:D some time in the future I might make another mould from the Gemsbok/Oryx - I think I mentioned already that I'm going to make a female Nyala antelope, 1:22 scale, there will be copies of this.

sauroid

i so love that Anancus, Harriet.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Seijun

Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 02, 2012, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 02, 2012, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 10:51:56 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2012, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 07:11:50 AM
I have a copy of the original Fjord horse from Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko who designed all of Mojo's 2012 horses.

:D Wow - Anna's working for Mojö - I didn't know that!
What a beautiful figure. Will it be my first horse in the collection?
Wait - there's one in Kaiyodo's Natural Monuments series. It looks pretty similar.
So ... will this be the second horse in my collection?

I hope Mojö will let Anna do other animals as well in the future :).

P.S.: I see the day coming when you'll enter that stage as well, Harriet ;).
It's fantastic isn't it!  I'm itching to see next years releases from Anna.  The Fjord was based on an STS member's real Fjord, called Izzy.

That would be a dream come true, me working for an animal figurine company, it would be great :)

Who is Anna? Is she the one who made the Gaur and Eland (if I remember way back )?Yes, that horse she did is super Awesome!I hope she does some of the ungulates and antelopes, too. Someone needs to release a Gaur, its such an awesome beast!

Oh, and with your talent, I can so see you working for one! You should investigate :)
:))

Yes, Anna made the Eland and Gaur, here's her site http://www.aanimal-gallery.com/Animal_figures/Animal_figures.html she and I are making a pair of Nyala antelopes in 1:22 scale.  You can see the male under "works in progress", she hasn't made his horns yet.

Do you or Anna have a site where you offer any of your work for sale?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Seijun on June 04, 2012, 09:19:41 AM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 02, 2012, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 02, 2012, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 10:51:56 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2012, 06:23:14 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 07:11:50 AM
I have a copy of the original Fjord horse from Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko who designed all of Mojo's 2012 horses.

:D Wow - Anna's working for Mojö - I didn't know that!
What a beautiful figure. Will it be my first horse in the collection?
Wait - there's one in Kaiyodo's Natural Monuments series. It looks pretty similar.
So ... will this be the second horse in my collection?

I hope Mojö will let Anna do other animals as well in the future :).

P.S.: I see the day coming when you'll enter that stage as well, Harriet ;).
It's fantastic isn't it!  I'm itching to see next years releases from Anna.  The Fjord was based on an STS member's real Fjord, called Izzy.

That would be a dream come true, me working for an animal figurine company, it would be great :)

Who is Anna? Is she the one who made the Gaur and Eland (if I remember way back )?Yes, that horse she did is super Awesome!I hope she does some of the ungulates and antelopes, too. Someone needs to release a Gaur, its such an awesome beast!

Oh, and with your talent, I can so see you working for one! You should investigate :)
:))

Yes, Anna made the Eland and Gaur, here's her site http://www.aanimal-gallery.com/Animal_figures/Animal_figures.html she and I are making a pair of Nyala antelopes in 1:22 scale.  You can see the male under "works in progress", she hasn't made his horns yet.

Do you or Anna have a site where you offer any of your work for sale?
I haven't yet, I don't know if Anna will eventually sell things via her site. 
Here's Anna's site where you can see more of her work http://www.aanimal-gallery.com/Animal_figures/Animal_figures.html I just have my blog.   

HKHollinstone

Metallisuchus

Harriet, are your figures "mass" produced or what? Can I get them in stores?

Bokisaurus

So lovely those figures :) I hope, and dream that one day that Gaur, Eland, and Bongo will be available for purchase. I would love to add those to my herd! ^-^

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 04, 2012, 11:08:15 PM
I have a limited number of copies made, which I sell myself - with the Nyala antelope, I'm having only 30 copies made. 

postsaurischian

Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 05, 2012, 07:27:41 AM
I have a limited number of copies made, which I sell myself - with the Nyala antelope, I'm having only 30 copies made.

Can't wait until the Nyalas are finished ;D!

Bokisaurus

Ohhh, how much is the Nyala going for? I may have to get one.
What other copies do you have that are available for purchase? You can PM me if yo don't want to post it. Really looking forward to seeing that Nyala finished.
All the antelopes pictured in the site are awesome! Too bad not all of them (if any) are available  :(

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 06, 2012, 07:25:28 AM

What other copies do you have that are available for purchase? You can PM me if yo don't want to post it. Really looking forward to seeing that Nyala finished.
All the antelopes pictured in the site are awesome! Too bad not all of them (if any) are available  :(
Thanks Boki, I've sent you a PM - it's just the female Nyala I'm making moulds from this year.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 06, 2012, 04:54:48 PM

Thanks Boki, I've sent you a PM - it's just the female Nyala I'm making moulds from this year.

Yeah Harriet, why are you holding out on us, huh??? Please do look into getting some of your figures produced in greater numbers. As far as I'm concerned, you're the antelope queen and I hate to have to specially order things. I'm a procrastinator! I think one of the bigger companies should pick up your stuff - you could do it from home, send them the mold or something whenever you're finished.

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 11:03:14 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 06, 2012, 04:54:48 PM

Yeah Harriet, why are you holding out on us, huh??? Please do look into getting some of your figures produced in greater numbers. As far as I'm concerned, you're the antelope queen and I hate to have to specially order things. I'm a procrastinator! I think one of the bigger companies should pick up your stuff - you could do it from home, send them the mold or something whenever you're finished.
Well it's often crossed my mind to approach one of the brands and ask, I don't know, I'll have to look into it!

sauroid

why dont you start your own brand/company Harriet? and release them on pvc as durable figures for the general animal figurine collectors market. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on June 07, 2012, 07:49:46 AM
why dont you start your own brand/company Harriet? and release them on pvc as durable figures for the general animal figurine collectors market. :)

You clearly have never priced out PVC (or related) casting processes--she would either have to charge A LOT or make tens of thousands of them (and sell them all) to make it work.

HKHollinstone

Quote from: SBell on June 07, 2012, 02:31:20 PM

You clearly have never priced out PVC (or related) casting processes--she would either have to charge A LOT or make tens of thousands of them (and sell them all) to make it work.
Yes, it's true - it's all very expensive :-\

SBell

Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 07, 2012, 03:42:52 PM
Quote from: SBell on June 07, 2012, 02:31:20 PM

Yes, it's true - it's all very expensive :-\

Of course, if you sell/lease the molds--or casting rights--to an established company that already buys lots of material (the only factor when it comes to casting--they charge by the volume of plastic used) then the figures could be brought out by someone at less per/figure expense, you would get paid for your work, and there would be an established channel for distribution.  Given the current companies, Mojo or Safari would probably be the best candidates.  Safari because they really like their specialized sculptors, and Mojo because they are new and trying to find ways to be different.

ITewan

The only Antelope I won is the Schleich Adult Kudu

I plan on getting the Baby :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

postsaurischian

:)  CollectA  Brahman Bull & Cow .......

Bokisaurus

Those two are on my list to get, they look very nice.
Some Mojo joining the herd ;D

Now, just need to get the Papo Oryx and reindeer :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: